ford focus MK2 RS speed sensor and gear position

fordmk2rs

ford focus MK2 RS speed sensor and gear position

Post by fordmk2rs »

hello.

i have the syvecs installed in my focus rs mk2 now, but now i want the gear position working on it and the speed reading.

The problem is that the syvecs reads only the first gear and not the others gears and the speed sensor read when i drive like 20kph the syvecs reads 0.4 i think... Does anyone have a example cal from you're ford for me? so i can compare it between the two maps.

i have now set the dry tire to 2.005 and the numberof teeths 50 for now.

EDIT: the syvecs that i have is a S6 with the CANBUS bridge
Thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Johan
stevieturbo

Re: ford focus MK2 RS speed sensor and gear position

Post by stevieturbo »

Dry tyre should be approximately the circumference of the tyre if all other settings are correct.

Are you getting a good stable speed reading from whatever input source you are using ? If not, you need to investigate why, whether it's a sensor issue or setup issue.

After that, just configure the gear detection settings and drive ratios for each gear and the ecu should be able to calculate each gear for any display or tuning settings.

Once you have the speedo reading correctly, just drive in all gears and either watch "drive ratio" or log it and enter the values into SCal
fordmk2rs

Post by fordmk2rs »

Mm yes i have to figure it out where the syvecs gets the speed. It is reading from the canbus and in the syvecs he reads what i say in my post like 0.5 in syvecs and around 20kmu on my cluster so that is strange.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

How do you know it is reading through the canbus ?

How is the speed input configured/assigned in the I/O etc ? and relevant sensor sections ?

And when you say 0.5, 0.5 what ? As a single number it is meaningless.

Are you getting a speed reading or not ?
fordmk2rs

Post by fordmk2rs »

That was said to me from devil developments.. The syvecs reads the signals through the canbus..

When i drove i see the speed sensor in syvecs reads 0.5kmu when i drove 20kmu on the dash.. So im getting a speed signal in my syvecs but not the speed that i drive on the dash..
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

fordmk2rs wrote:That was said to me from devil developments.. The syvecs reads the signals through the canbus..

When i drove i see the speed sensor in syvecs reads 0.5kmu when i drove 20kmu on the dash.. So im getting a speed signal in my syvecs but not the speed that i drive on the dash..
And AGAIN I ask is it a valid speed signal ? A static number is completely meaningless.

Does this mystical 0.5 increase as vehicle speed increases, does it decrease when vehicle speed decreases ? And is it a stable signal or erratic ?

Did Devil install/tune the setup ? if so why did they not configured so speed does read correctly ?

If there is a valid signal, then you could just try reducing the number of teeth per turn and see what happens.
fordmk2rs

Post by fordmk2rs »

Yes sorry it is not static.. It goes up when i drive harder and decrease when i lower my speed...

No devil didn't install my syvecs because i live in holland. But he have made the cable loom with the canbus box ans DBW box.

Than i have to try that what you say put some extra teeth on it.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

fordmk2rs wrote:Yes sorry it is not static.. It goes up when i drive harder and decrease when i lower my speed...

No devil didn't install my syvecs because i live in holland. But he have made the cable loom with the canbus box ans DBW box.

Than i have to try that what you say put some extra teeth on it.
I said try less teeth, not more.

Either way, just make a large change and see if it makes things better or worse.
fordmk2rs

Post by fordmk2rs »

Don't read it good :mrgreen:

Thankyou i will try that this week and see what happend.

And if i do a big change on the number of teeth per reading?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

And for clarity. Not teeth per reading, it should be teeth per turn, one wheel rotation