dbw module wiring

madships

dbw module wiring

Post by madships »

I appear to be having some snags with the dbw module- looking at the wiring info given on the site, I should wire up the control signal to S1 from one of the ign sources, and from the dbw help video it states the S6 should be set to half bridge mode when using the external DBW module. However when I try to set this up in SCal, I get told that the pin does not support the required output ability- obviously I am missing something? does there need to be a signal to S2 as well? should it not be run in half bridge mode? or is it something in SCal I am missing? any help greatly appreciated!
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: dbw module wiring

Post by TimH »

Set it low side and make sure the DBW unit has a resistor between the S1 pin and the 5V terminal in the unit.

Or, if you use an IGN output, you don't need the resistor.

The DBW box "trigger" needs a 0-5V switching signal.

See here
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Exactly what DBW module or controller are you using ?

The little external box would usually be configured as low side for the output on the ecu, not half bridge.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

stevieturbo wrote:Exactly what DBW module or controller are you using ?
The reference to "S1" 99% implies it's the module in the black plastic box :geek:
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

TimH wrote:
stevieturbo wrote:Exactly what DBW module or controller are you using ?
The reference to "S1" 99% implies it's the module in the black plastic box :geek:
Sometimes you just never know what's in that 1% though !! lol
Slowie

Post by Slowie »

As per TimH, if you have the Syvecs supplied DBW driver, setup the output to Low Side.

It is an error in the video, or the info changed since the vid was made some time ago.
madships

Post by madships »

thanks, It serves me right for blindly following the video- I have the syvecs dbw driver, and low side makes more sense.I am driving it with a spare ign, so everything should work fine now. as an aside, what is S2 on the dbw driver used for?
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

madships wrote: as an aside, what is S2 on the dbw driver used for?
Nothing! Nor do the DIP switches.

The module is bought in as a generic module but flashed with code specifically for, and dedicated to being, a DBW controller.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

And as an aside - an memory jog to myself! - a few years ago a wrote code for this same module to be a power steering controller for Supra's to allow you to adjust the steering weight as desired. Must get around to finishing it!
madships

Post by madships »

ok, before I start chasing up wiring issues, I thought I should sanity check with others. the syvecs DBW module- M1 and M2 definitely go to the same motor- I have it set up like this at the moment, but whilst there is a drive signal going to the throttle, the throttle isnt moving, and the voltage at both m1 and m2 is reading the same- so I assume they are sending the same on signal- surely these should be out of phase with each other? this is on a LS3 throttle by the way, if it helps identify possible issues.