2003 Ford Focus RS - sensors question ?

stevieturbo

Re: 2003 Ford Focus RS - sensors question ?

Post by stevieturbo »

Jackstrath wrote: i thought the clutch pressure sensor would be needed for flat foot gear changes ? Was hoping to have that enabled
That or some sort of pedal switch could be used for that end. Not ideal on a manual H pattern...even less so a synchro.
Jackstrath

Post by Jackstrath »

Oem dash is gone sadly , I'm having a look and looks like the inputs are upgrades , phone call to plex when I'm
Home I think lol ! Would rather the fuel went into the dash than use a pin on the ecu

I have a quaife dog box in her :)
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Jackstrath wrote:Oem dash is gone sadly , I'm having a look and looks like the inputs are upgrades , phone call to plex when I'm
Home I think lol ! Would rather the fuel went into the dash than use a pin on the ecu

I have a quaife dog box in her :)
My SDM500 has the inputs, I see on the lower 300 they list it as an optional upgrade.
Jackstrath

Post by Jackstrath »

well bit of an update , got the car mapped finally and all was well , have done about 200 miles on the syvecs.

was away with work but when i came home i had some bits and bobs to do on the car , one of which was welding. just to keep my mind at ease i removed the ECU and the battery to stop them getting fried. went to plug it all back in tonight and boom , everything's shit the bed. im absolutely gutted. it might be something iv done , it might be the ECU or it might the list of sensors it says is at fault , but im thinking its the ECU , the ecu thinks theres 20 volts ? unless im missing something ( battery with a volt meter says 12 volts or so) so im thinking somethings went pop :(
Attachments
SYVECS.jpg
SYVECS.jpg (302.39 KiB) Viewed 157051 times
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Clear and dismiss the errors.

Or do they keep coming back ?

Are you sure all your wiring is plugged in, correct and undamaged ?

And presumably there is not actually 20v at the car ?

If you key off and on again, does it always return to same errors ?
Jackstrath

Post by Jackstrath »

They return instantly ie don't clear at all

Yeh Iv had a look at the wirering and can't see anything obvious, intital thought was a earth off somewhere

The ignition module relay (what ever that is in the fuse box) is clicking half a dozen times and then stopping but I can't mind if it did that before or not. Unplug it and it's still the same

Ignition on/off and it says the same

It did say the RTC had been lost when I plugged the laptop in so set that and assumed it was because I had the ecu out
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

It would take a considerable time unplugged for it to lose the clock, so that's odd.

Can you re-load the calibration and program it ?

And again...I'd be checking all wiring, especially where any work was carried out in case something is shorted out somewhere or plugged in the wrong place.

Or just unplug as much of the loom as possible from the car, but still connected to the ecu so you can view what is going on

Or make up a test connector for the ecu and power it up on the bench and see what it says when you connect to it.
Jackstrath

Post by Jackstrath »

Aye it was out the car for about 4 days,

Iv found the issue , few burnt wires where the head from the sill repair has melted the coating , gutted after all the preparation I did, hope the ecu is ok :(
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Hopefully..but only time will tell
Jackstrath

Post by Jackstrath »

2 wires damaged , a ground and a signal had shorted , thankfully once I repaired them the car fired right up and everything is back to normal ! Thank god!, road test tomorow to confirm but all signs are looking good !