Eop trip, sync fault

garyf

Eop trip, sync fault

Post by garyf »

I had an issue with the car tonight, coming on to boost the engine tripped on eop and also its saying sync error in the log. Boost, afr and eop are all ok in the log, the trip is set to 4bar and it was around 6 bar when it tripped, the oil pressure sensor is on an11 and it also looks ok in the log.

I took the car out tonight and the first pull in 3rd it pulled through to 6200 rpm and didnt trip, then the next 3 pulls, 2 in 3rd and one in 4th it tripped at 4700 rpm.

Ive compared my map with one from a few days ago and it has no changes that I think would do this, I did make a change to the eop trip but just raised the limit at 1000rpm.

The car is a 98 v4 sti import, one thing we did today was, the clucth biting point was a bit high so we lowered it, its now too low so needs to go back up tomorrow, I cant see how this would do anything though because theres no switch on my clutch.

Ive put my map up and also a log any ideas?
Attachments
gary 2.5 ema 211015 eot trip.SC
(310.25 KiB) Downloaded 829 times
2015-10-22 19-11-18 plus 0h00m00s S6#0463.SD
(230.68 KiB) Downloaded 825 times
stevieturbo

Re: Eop trip, sync fault

Post by stevieturbo »

At some point in time the EOP LIMP has been tripped.

It is not occurring on that log, but it is already active throughout that log and has not been reset so LIMP mode seems to remain in place.

And logging EOP at 5Hz, really is not fast enough either in terms of diagnosing what caused a trip, likewise AN11 raw value at only 2Hz.

Either start your logging much earlier, or stream the log data to the laptop via Sdata for purposes of diagnosing where/what/when etc

And log things at a more sensible rate, 20Hz min
garyf

Post by garyf »

Ok some more info, I rewired the cam sensor plug. I also switched on the filters for the crank sensor and two vvt phase sensors. It hasnt tripped on eop since or gave any sync errors at wot, it now seems to be stalling when coming to a stop and also if I reverse and stop, also I got an error of long tooth gap when it cut out reversing. I assume the long tooth gap is related to the crank, should I try another crank sensor? Also low speed drivabilty is now a little jittery. One other thing if I hold the revs constant at say 2000 rpm or 2500 rpm there is a slight miss, over 3000 rpm its gone.
Attachments
long tooth gap.txt
(10.15 KiB) Downloaded 821 times
Last edited by garyf on Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garyf

Post by garyf »

stevieturbo wrote:At some point in time the EOP LIMP has been tripped.

It is not occurring on that log, but it is already active throughout that log and has not been reset so LIMP mode seems to remain in place.

And logging EOP at 5Hz, really is not fast enough either in terms of diagnosing what caused a trip, likewise AN11 raw value at only 2Hz.

Either start your logging much earlier, or stream the log data to the laptop via Sdata for purposes of diagnosing where/what/when etc

And log things at a more sensible rate, 20Hz min
Right ok that explains the eop thanks, Ill reconfigure the logging tommorow to go to 20hz, I had done it to 10 today.

I dont have a log for it cutting out and showing a long tooth gap so Ill start the logging from 800rpm and do some logging tomorrow, Ill see if I can get to grips tomorrow with the sync logging, many thanks for the help.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

I'm not sure what the long tooth gap error means. But I've seen them run fine despite this showing.

I would not be using the filters on any of the crank/cam inputs, and that's probably why it's stalling
garyf

Post by garyf »

stevieturbo wrote:I'm not sure what the long tooth gap error means. But I've seen them run fine despite this showing.

I would not be using the filters on any of the crank/cam inputs, and that's probably why it's stalling
Got in it today and it wouldnt rev over 3700 rpm, so did some rewiring then checked my cam, crank and avcs sensors were good and checked all wiring, this made no difference. Today it was just going between 720 and 360 then back to 720 sync when you went bellow 3700 rpm.

I did as you suggested and switched off all the filters on cam, crank and avcs and its now reving freely, I havnt taken it out yet but I think thats it, many thanks your a star.
garyf

Post by garyf »

Ok took the car out and its now reving freely, did a pull in 4th and it coughed like before at 4700 rpm while on boost, it also threw up a cam error going from 720 to 360 back to 720 sync. What effect does the vehicle speed input have on the ecu? Ive lost my speed signal, there is no vehicle speed in syvecs or signal from the input which is an05, because of this it now cant tell which gear Im in, it just reads first all the time. Ive put up 2 logs.

The speed is still being displayed on the vehicle clocks so the speed sensor must be working, Im sure the signal goes from gearbox sensor to clocks then is sent to the ecu on the 98 v4, is this correct.

The first is the last log I had a speed reading on 231015 12-32-10

The second is from tonight.

Ive also added the latest cal, I havnt altered any of the settings for speed since I set it up on last monday.
Attachments
gary 2.5 ema 241015 lfilters off.SC
(310.25 KiB) Downloaded 760 times
2015-10-24 18-53-44 plus 0h00m00s S6#0463.SD
(436.39 KiB) Downloaded 802 times
2015-10-23 12-32-10 plus 0h00m00s S6#0463.SD
(272.47 KiB) Downloaded 807 times
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Speed reading can affect idle control, boost by gear if used, launch control etc etc.

It will depend how you have everything configured.

You arent logging anything at a sensible enough rate to even say if the cam signal is valid at time of error. 15Hz doesnt even come close, try 500-1000Hz

You could also choose to ignore cam signal once it is sync'd up, but better if you can keep cam checking the cam trigger.
garyf

Post by garyf »

stevieturbo wrote:Speed reading can affect idle control, boost by gear if used, launch control etc etc.

It will depend how you have everything configured.

You arent logging anything at a sensible enough rate to even say if the cam signal is valid at time of error. 15Hz doesnt even come close, try 500-1000Hz

You could also choose to ignore cam signal once it is sync'd up, but better if you can keep cam checking the cam trigger.
Yes I thought my cutting out at idle and low speed drivability problems were related to the speed input once I noticed it wasnt working. Right Ive sorted the speed out, Ive changed the input from 5v to themistor, its now working and Im getting a speed reading in syvecs and its showing the correct gear. odd how it would work in 5v for a few days? I did a pull once this was fixed but the car still cut out at 4700 rpm.

I then put the filter on for the cam sensor and did 2 pulls in 4th to 6000 rpm, no coughs or splutters and no sync errors, Ill take her out again tommorow just to confirm all ok.
Point taken with the logging Hz, I suppose now that I think about it 15hz is no use for a cam, crank signal, cheers.
Attachments
2015-10-24 23-17-11 plus 0h00m00s S6#0463.SD
(316.92 KiB) Downloaded 843 times
garyf

Post by garyf »

Took her out did 3 pulls 3rd, 4th amd 5th, no issues with holding back. Looking at log there is no sync state error it never came out of 720, it shows a long tooth gap though and a sync error at 540. Ill just have to run it and see. As for the speed input its been set in 5v for a couple of years but I hadnt set up the gear or correct speed until last monday when I binned my avcr and set it up for syvecs to control boost, so maybe its been a fault and I just never noticed it until now.

Ok now to see if I cqan set it up to log directly to the lap top, many thanks for the help!