S6 CAN OUTPUTS

seriouslylotus

S6 CAN OUTPUTS

Post by seriouslylotus »

Been successfully using an S6 for a couple of years now on a Toyota engined Lotus
It now has a sequential box and the S6 does a great job of controlling the gear change (now in closed loop) With full throttle up shifts and blip down shifts.
This has increased gearbox life by a massive margin..............
The gear box has a rotary position sensor and the S6 reads this for gear position.
Can I get the gear position as an out put from the S6 via CAN??
I would like to install a race type dash and use this new CAN output to display the gear position (R-N-1-2-3-4-5-6) in the new dash
Thanks for any input or help
Cheers
Dave
stevieturbo

Re: S6 CAN OUTPUTS

Post by stevieturbo »

If the dash can receive data via CAN ( or serial ), then the ecu will be able transmit pretty much any info you might want displayed including gear selection.

The dash supplier or Syvecs should be able to give you a CAN configuration to get it all working
seriouslylotus

Post by seriouslylotus »

OK so i now have an AIM MXS up and running in my Exige on the F88 CAN stream from the S6.
I had to change some of the Custom CAN frame content to get it working as there where about 10 that had not-set rather than Spare.
Thanks for that info Ryan!!
Anyway i would now like to add one of the Lotus CAN frame codes so i can use the original fuel sensor and have the dash see the reading
I have the correct frame code so all is good
Well it would be
For some reason, i can no longer edit the frame content in the custom CAN.( i could edit the frame content on Monday)
I have updated to the latest software, i have gone back to earlier software, its driving me mad, what the hell am i doing wrong please...
Cheers
Dave
seriouslylotus

Post by seriouslylotus »

doh.... sussed it
If you left click on the frame you wish to change and then hit enter, heypresto the list of frames available appears in a drop down box!!