Running a toucan and dash 2 on an S6

Hodge

Running a toucan and dash 2 on an S6

Post by Hodge »

Hi Guys
Im fitting an S6 into a supra and want to run a toucan and Dash 2 and could do with a little advice.
Now the Toucan is plug and play play via canbus with an Ethernet cable. My question is how do I connect the Dash 2 in. Will it just be a case of tapping into the can high and can low pins on the syvecs loom.

cheers
John
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: Running a toucan and dash 2 on an S6

Post by TimH »

CANbus is "multidrop" so you would daisy chain the 3 things together.

Toucan as an extra connector on the back with CANbus on it, so you could pick it up from there (I can send you the connector with some wire tails if you call the office 01305 534535) and take it to the Dash or, as you say, tap into it at the S6.

Pedantically, each end of the bus should be terminated. I believe the S6 provides a termination by default so it really ought to be at one end, so the first method is technically better; although CANbus is pretty tolerant so you may not have any problem.

You will also need the CAN adapter for the Dash 2.

I imagine the actual data needed by the Dash will be different to the default Toucan setup in the S6 - not sure if it can be edited for the Dash so you may need to adjust the Toucan config to match that needed for the Dash.
Hodge

Post by Hodge »

Hi Ti
Thanks for the fast reply. The daisy chain idea sounds perfect. I already have the canbus adaptor for the Dash 2, so am I correct in thinki ng I just need the extra plug for the back of the Toucan and im good to go?

Cheers
John
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Yes :)
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Could you run the Dash2 via serial from the Syvecs ?
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

The Dash2 can adapter is also adjustable so in your custom CAN profile just select the data you want for the Dash2 and Toucan and configure each device to suit ;)
96 MKIV Supra, S6GP, 591bhp & 523ft/lbs
Hodge

Post by Hodge »

This will work even if I daisy chain the 3 units as Tim said wont it Wez?