2006 sti dccd enquiry

Marcus Ameilous

2006 sti dccd enquiry

Post by Marcus Ameilous »

Hi I currently have a S6 GP ecu which I plan to fit to my hawkeye sti, I have a loom which came off another hawkeye sti fitted with a syvecs ecu but was converted to drive by cable and the dccd was not working properly due to this. I believe the original accelerator pedal was left connected and tucked up above the footwell to avoid a dccd fault warning and was still connected to the stock dccd controller.
Now I want the dccd to work properly and is it a simple task of converting the loom back to drive by wire as I was hoping not to have to fork out for another loom to be made or to have to purchase a aftermarket dccd controller.
Is it costly to have the loom modded by someone like JT innovations or even inspected?

Any help appreciated
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: 2006 sti dccd enquiry

Post by TimH »

Hi Marcus.

Does your car have a standard loom already? If so, might it not be easier to simply use a loom adapter to fit the S6GP to the OEM loom?

But if not, then the mods to the loom would be fairly straightforward: add the DBW controller and wire to the pedal and throttle body.

Your description of the loom (pedal tucked up out of the way and the cable throttle conversion) rings a bell so I think this may be a loom I have worked on already - by all means give me a call on Monday (01305 534535) and we can talk through what you need and the costs involved.

Or you could have the S6 control the DCCD of course, if you want to stick with cable throttle.
Marcus Ameilous

Thanks for the reply Tim, you are right it is one you have worked on and is just a a loom adapter. Is it a easy process to have the syvecs control the dccd? I am also fitting a quick rack off a spec c so unsure if that will cause any probs with the steering angle sensor. In a perfect world I would love to have the syvecs control the dccd as this would save me the task of using a aftermarket dccd controller at a later stage.

Thanks again for your input and have a good weekend
Marcus Ameilous

Oh and lastly it would be more convenient for me to stick with drive by cable due to the ease of fitting a larger throttle body plus the ecu has a map already configured for this.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Marcus Ameilous wrote:Oh and lastly it would be more convenient for me to stick with drive by cable due to the ease of fitting a larger throttle body plus the ecu has a map already configured for this.
Unless aiming for a lot of power, the standard throttle bodies are more than adequate.
Marcus Ameilous

I am aiming for around 750+ using a efr9180 which is rated to 94 lbs flow. Bigger inlet and 282 duration with 11.2 lift, 3.5" exhaust etc etc.