ABS Sensors

Arch

ABS Sensors

Post by Arch »

Looking for some info on connecting ABS sensors to an expander. I have taken both wires from each sensor to a terminal block with one side of each sensor to a single terminal and the other side grouped to one terminal? So the sensors signal side connected to inputs 1 to 4 and the other side of each sensor connected to the AN ground, that is me assuming the sensors are not polarity conscious. Can I confirm this is correct.

Is there any info I need for configuring the S6 for these sensors?
stevieturbo

Re: ABS Sensors

Post by stevieturbo »

What sensors are they ?

You seem to suggest 2 wire ? ie VR type ?

In which they kind of are polarity sensitive, although setting high/low voltage thresholds may sort that ok.

IMO connect them all the same, select either 5v or 5v Bipolar as the input ( strictly speaking VR should be bipolar ), bring up a few gauges for these inputs and see what sort of voltage traces you are seeing with the wheels rotating, or better still log the inputs at a decent rate 25-100Hz and go for a drive then review the data.

You could then decide any high/low trigger thresholds
Arch

Post by Arch »

Thanks Stevie yes they are all 2 wire newage types. I will connect them all using pin 2 as the ground and see how I get on. I am fairly new to Syvecs so not up to speed on configuring things but will give it a go.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Arch wrote:Thanks Stevie yes they are all 2 wire newage types. I will connect them all using pin 2 as the ground and see how I get on. I am fairly new to Syvecs so not up to speed on configuring things but will give it a go.
The latest manual has a decent amount of info and is worth reading through

http://www.syvecs.co.uk/support/product ... d-pinouts/