Pin 12, 12V out issue.

scott

Pin 12, 12V out issue.

Post by scott »

Looking for a little insight as to what could be the problem here. I have the generic Syvecs S6 with a PNP loom for my car. I'm struggling to get the tacho to work and I've traced it down to the 12v output from the ECU itself. It's only putting out 5v.

I was wondering if there is perhaps a setting that switches the output from 5v to 12v? If not, any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: Pin 12, 12V out issue.

Post by TimH »

I believe pin 12 was +5V on earlier S6 units, only changing to +12V later on.

The loom adapters do often make use of pin 12 for the pullup to +12V so if your S6 only has 5V here you will need to modify the loom adapter so the pullup goes to +12V.

If it's a loom adapter made in the last 2 years, it's highly likely I made it...and I'm quite happy to modify it for you if you want to get it back to me?
scott

Post by scott »

Hi Tim,

That makes perfect sense to me now as it is indeed the older model. Is there a way that I can get the 12v pull-up through pin 12 via a jumper, or is it a physical change to the hardware that happened?

If not, will I be OK to use one of the ignition pins, 19, 20 or 21, to get my 12v pullup?

Thanks for your help :)

Oh, thanks for the offer to modify it. You actually sent me out the pins required to connect up my wideband so you have been more than helpful already. It's at least 4 years old though, but I'm quite happy to utilise a different pin, using the ones you sent lol.
Last edited by scott on Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

I am pretty sure it was a hardware change - use the Vbatt pins instead, as you suggest :)
scott

Post by scott »

TimH wrote:I am pretty sure it was a hardware change - use the Vbatt pins instead, as you suggest :)
Brilliant, thanks very much :)