Race technology's dash 2 config

andyscoobym3

Race technology's dash 2 config

Post by andyscoobym3 »

Hi
I am trying to set my race technology's dash 2 up with my syvecs s6 gp
I believe I need a config file to enable the dash 2 to receive date via rs232 from ecu.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated
Thanks andy
pavlo
Zen Performance

Re: Race technology's dash 2 config

Post by pavlo »

I should be able sort this out on the day. Do you have the CANBUS adaptor box or are you trying to connect directly to the syvecs on RS232?

If you are connecting directly via RS232 you need to connect the output from the syvecs to the input on the dash, whereas canbus requires both wires and is connected high to high and low to low.
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

Andy,

configuration is a THREE step process :

1) The Syvecs ECU must be told what to send on which CAN frame - this could be just the standard Custom CAN config, but it does not have to be, so if you wanted to send ignition retard or something non-standard then you can.

2) The Race Technologies CAN > RS232 interface needs to have the right firmware on it and it must be configured to match the specific CustomCAN setup that you have. So if you are sending rpm in the first slot, of the first frame, and that is CAN frame 0x600, then the Race Tech interface must be told to expect a parameter in the first 16 bits of frame 0x600. You can additionally add scaling for the DASH2 at this point.

3) The DASH2 must be configured to receive the information over the RS232 and it must be told where to display it. You can add further scaling in the DASH2 for the parameters too.

Please see attached files for each of these three steps. Note that these are older and I have just got more info back from Race Technologies and additional things will be posted once I've had a chance to look through these.

Note that the Syvecs calibration is mostly invalid, which means you can quite safely load it as a PasteCal and just do a PastCal->Import from the top level of the calibration and that will pull in the Custom CAN config whilst leaving everything else alone.

Hope this helps,

Pat.
Attachments
DASH2.zip
DASH 2 Config Files
(307.18 KiB) Downloaded 842 times
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

Gents,

Please see attached the CAN box firmware reflash from Race Technologies which will allow speed to be received from the ECU (if that isn't working for you right now).

Cheers,

Pat.
Attachments
CANInterface_speed_output_customer_reflash_130422.zip
CAN Interface firmware
(15.56 KiB) Downloaded 822 times
andyscoobym3

Post by andyscoobym3 »

Thanks for replys

Paul, yes I have a can bus
I have contacted race technology's and they told me to send them my base map, then they will install the new datastream onto it for me, so I did this, then they sent it back
So I tried to load it on my ecu tonight and it said errors
So I looked into the errors and they were
Oil pressure
Fuel pressure
Oil temp.
The device icon kept flashing in orange.
I have probably done this wrong but now the car won't start.
Should I have used pastecal instead of file then load ?
andyscoobym3

Post by andyscoobym3 »

I have re loaded base map on and charged batt and it runs
I am going to download software and update firmware for dash to latest 9.35
Then I will load new dat file I have from rt with adjusted map they sent me and give it a try
Fingers crossed
jura11

Post by jura11 »

Hi Andy

Are you using sensors which are wired directly to Dash or to the Syvecs ?
Here are links on my config files for DASH

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1ynco ... 3/Dash.dat

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7rdne ... u/DASH.hex

And config file if yours wideband reading stuck at 14.5,this is file for CAN Interface cable

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6fyej ... R100Hz.ccf

And here is correct CAN definition for Syvecs

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2zcqi ... ions_JK.SC

On the Syvecs CAN definition I would recommend only copy Datastreams as this map is totally different to yours,due this I would select under Datastreams->Datastream Select select CustomCAN and copy from CustomCAN everything which should work on yours

Thanks,Jura