Defi Oil and Fuel Pressure Sensor Wires

RichardB

Defi Oil and Fuel Pressure Sensor Wires

Post by RichardB »

I am wanting to tap my defi fuel and oil pressure sensor wires and feed those to the S6Pnp. I've got Red, Black and White wires on both the Oil and Fuel Pressure sensors. Can anyone please tell me which of the three is the sensor wire?

Cheers
Richard
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Re: Defi Oil and Fuel Pressure Sensor Wires

Post by pat »

Richard,

from memory Defi follow the normal convention of Red = Power, White = Signal and Black = Ground so you'll want to tap into the white wire. Do not connect the black wire to the analogue ground on the ECU since that could create an earth loop... there may be some noise or an offset without the black connected but that noise will affect only the Defi sensors, whereas it could affect all sensors if the grounds are connected. If you want / need it to be better then consider replacing the DefiLink control unit with a Defi Bridge and drive the gauges off the telemetry data from the ECU.

Cheers,

Pat.
RichardB

Post by RichardB »

Many thanks Pat.
PQatPIT

Post by PQatPIT »

One thing to get better sensor data is to ground individual Defi meter unit to the same point where ecu is grounded, with its own dedicated ground wire. This way there is minimal difference between what meter sees and what ecu sees from sensor signal output, especially in different engine run situations.