difference in altitude

For Subaru Technical Chat
Austrian Impreza

difference in altitude

Post by Austrian Impreza »

Does anybody know, if the stock compensationtable values are set perfect for differences in altitude?
I know, that in England it´s no big deal, but I´m afraid here in Austria, I will be in big trouble, when e.g. starting the car in 800m height and it reads lean, how will it be in even higher places! ;(
Doesn´t the sensor read absolut pressure and barometric differences when I drive around all the time?
As it seemed that the AFRs stayed lean, even when I arrived "sealevel" (300m here in Vienna, the same altitude as the car was mapped and driven 99% of the time) as well and I had no problem when going up the mountain at all, just after letting the car cool down and driving back home after a stop of about 3hours.

Many thanks for all informations and advices on this topic! ;)
Greets from Austria
Markus
Austrian Impreza

Re: difference in altitude

Simon shed some light on this problem, as well as all the other guys on 22b!
The mapsensor reads the pressure only on startup, that´s the problem.
I will set all correctionvalues to the same level I have here at near sealevel, so the injection will not be any different at any altitude.

Anyhow I´m not able to program the altered map into the Syvecs, I only can connect to the ECU ("Device"-"Connect") and alter the map and save it by pressing the "Program" button.
Is there no possibility to open the map I made before and program it into the ECU?
Maybe I´m some kind of stupid and have overseen anything?
But when I open the map and want to program, the ECU is not connected and when I want to open a map, when the ECU is connected, it is not possible to do so. ;(

Please help me out!!!
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Post by Ryan.g »

Hi Markus

When connected to the ecu click File - Load and it will ask you if you want to program a disk calibration, say yes and then select the map you want to upload

Ryan
Austrian Impreza

Thanks for the fast answer Ryan!!!
I thought that it´s really easy and I missed something! ;)