need some dbw help

Replica_rs4

need some dbw help

Post by Replica_rs4 »

Hi, need some help with dbw. Cant get throttle blade to move on new install. i have tps and pps signals , i think i have all the limits turned off.
Have enable with engine off turned on, h bridge , configured out puts. Tried different output pins.tps a b match , pps a b match. No errors. Ican hear throttle body high pitch sound when i enable with engine off , but cant get it to move.
attached my scal file.
Attachments
SEV6TT-RR003r.SC
(597.91 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
Slowie

Re: need some dbw help

Post by Slowie »

The DBW PD table is not populated, I don't think it will attempt to move the throttle like that (Drive By WIre -> Position Control -> Proportional / Derivative Gain).

The attached file has some values in, should get it moving. But you will have to calibrate it correctly for your throttle body, set base duty, etc.
Attachments
SEV6TT-RR003r_2.SC
(597.91 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Slowie wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:08 pmBut you will have to calibrate it correctly for your throttle body, set base duty, etc.
There's a pretty good Syvecs YouTube training video for this :geek:
Replica_rs4

Post by Replica_rs4 »

Thank you for the tip and adjustment to scal. i originally had pd and dg filled out by following dbw video. in the video those tables are set up backwards from what is set in scal you have adjusted .
by backwards i mean positive error was filled with negative gain values . i will try settings you sent me.
thank you
Replica_rs4

Post by Replica_rs4 »

Tried it out with pd and ig filled out both ways as described in video and scal you configured. Same thing no movement. i do hear slight change in sound from tb , but no movement. I have tried 2 known working tb.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Mine ended up the opposite of the video too in terms of pos/neg values

Not sure if it depends on software, or the throttle unit itself, or perhaps polarity or direction of motor.

But it works...so hey ho.
Replica_rs4

Post by Replica_rs4 »

After reviewing the dbw set up video, s6 is to be set up half bridge and s8 set to full bridge. I realize that video is almost 10 years old.
What do i set s7 plus to half birdge or full bridge out put ?
In full bridge mode i can get throttle to stay open at set base duty , but i have to move blade with hand. I can feel resistance build up as i move blade by hand out of its base duty.
Does it mean im closer to my goal?
Thank you in advance
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

S6 had no bridge drivers - it was an external unit and usually drive as a low-side driver. Not sure why the video would show half-bridge unless very early S6 software had to be "tricked" in some way.

S6+ and S7 (and S8 and S12) would drive the vast majority of DBW motors as full bridge. Half bridge PWM's just one side of the motor with the other side connected to ground or battery; full bridge PWMs both sides (essentially in anti-phase) to give much better control.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

exactly what blade are you using ?

As an example, this was a base cal apprently for an LS throttle.

Whilst it did not work for me and I'm using an LS throttle, pretty sure I needed to invert some of the tables.

But maybe that's an S8/S7 thing or something.

And be careful putting your finger near an active DBW blade....it could hurt.
Attachments
1.57 LS7 DBW.SC
(315.02 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
Replica_rs4

Post by Replica_rs4 »

I figured out inversion on tables. Those depend on polarity . Just need to figure out how to send proper amount of current to move the blade .
Its a bosch 75mm tb on audi. In theory base map i got should be good enough for basic movement .
Last edited by Replica_rs4 on Tue May 31, 2022 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.