need some dbw help

stevieturbo

Re: need some dbw help

Post by stevieturbo »

What do you mean proper amount of current ?

That isn't a user option.
Replica_rs4

Post by Replica_rs4 »

those were poor choice of words by me. pd gain and ig table
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

stevieturbo wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:54 pm What do you mean proper amount of current ?

That isn't a user option.
Current through the motor - including sign - is the result of all those pesky tables :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Replica_rs4

Post by Replica_rs4 »

I have another noob question. i have dbw + and dbw -wired to A2 and A3 pin of s7 . Why is there no label for dbw- in pin i/o ?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

because it's an H bridge.....used as a pair. If one is positive, the other half of it can only be negative, and visa versa
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

stevieturbo wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:22 pm because it's an H bridge.....used as a pair. If one is positive, the other half of it can only be negative, and visa versa
Pedantically, the drive can - and does - sometimes put positive, or negative, to both driver outputs simultaneously....

...but, to grasp the basic operation it is 100% easier to think of the drives being of opposite polarity all the time: so it is either moving the motor forwards or backwards (under PID control).
Replica_rs4

Post by Replica_rs4 »

Thank for the help. I think im close . At least i can confirm it is wired correctly , full bridge , just need to play around with pd ig tables.
Replica_rs4

Post by Replica_rs4 »

What are you guys have in calibration for kick open/close duty and time?
Slowie

Post by Slowie »

Hi

Just want to confirm, do you have one or two DBW throttle bodies on your car? Your config seems to indicate one. Also, do you have one or two wires to the DBW motor from the ECU? (Are Slave Out 1 and Slave Out 2 both wired to the same DBW throttle body? Or two different ones?)

Normally, if running a single throttle body, you would assign the pin for Drive By Wire 1 to your H-Bridge (Slave out 1 in your case), and leave Drive By Wire 2 as Not Connected, since this item refers to the second DBW motor on a engine that has 2.

Then drive by wire type should be set as full-bridge.

The ECU knows that if you select "full-bridge", then both slave out 1 and slave out 2 wire are used, even though you only select one in the I/O config.

If you have two DBW throttles, or you have only one of the slave out pins wired to the throttle body, then different settings would apply.

No need for any kick settings right now, the motor should operate without them.
Replica_rs4

Post by Replica_rs4 »

Its only one throttle body, wired to a2 and a3 . a2 labeled as dbw . dbw 2 not connected. I did try a3 as dbw 2 , hopefully i didnt fry an output.
I have messaged syvec support asking for instructions on how to test dbw output.
When i move throttle body by hand over set duty cycle , i can feel motor increasing output to close the blade, i can also feel that intermittent kick when its close to target. Throttle blade will stay at set duty cycle , if placed there by hand.
When blade is below set duty cycle there is some increased noise from tb but it wont open on its own, and i do not feel that kick as when blade is trying to close. Throttle body works fine when applied direct 12v and ground both closing and opening.
I can take a quick cell phone vid.
here is my scal with latest settings
Attachments
with r32 tb settings.SC
(597.91 KiB) Downloaded 201 times