Exhaust valves won't stay closed bug

Technical Help / Firmwares for the VAG MQB Range - Audi RS3 / TTRS
GorData

Re: Exhaust valves won't stay closed bug

Post by GorData »

I have the same issue as well. Iroz tuned RS3 and opens the valves after a short period of time. Any update on a fix?
nmerdan

Post by nmerdan »

If you are looking for official Syvecs support, this is the wrong channel. If you want community assistance, we'll need to see some maps, logs that log the duty to the valve, etc.
sorozco

Post by sorozco »

Ahh, my mistake. This is a bug that the community can't fix.

nmerdan wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:23 pm If you are looking for official Syvecs support, this is the wrong channel. If you want community assistance, we'll need to see some maps, logs that log the duty to the valve, etc.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

we certainly cannot assist, without no actual information other than saying the valves won't stay closed.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

In an attempt to give some kind of possible help, even given the lack of any technical information posted here about the problem...

Mention has been made of PWM control. Is it controlled, by any chance, using an H-bridge output? If so, from memory dating back to when I was playing around with DBW control via an H-bridge on an expander - but it might be true of built-in H-bridge drivers too - then if you request 0% duty it forces the H-bridge to shut down.

But without the CAL being posted this is just wild stabbing on the dark - but it is unlikely to be a "bug" as you call it; more likely a calibration problem or an electrical incompatability (e.g. the output driver used isn't rated to control the valves, so it is shutting down due to overload).

I still say its an Iroz problem to work away at if they are supplying and calibrating these kits?
amdisthebest

Post by amdisthebest »

The issue isn't the output to the valves, the issue comes from the input to the output control map. It's some state that seems to change on the canbus (DriveMode_U09) which causes the exhaust valves to change position (like they are supposed to).

Without getting a canbus log of this incident and working directly with Syvecs engineers who have the ability to edit/modify the canbus code, this will continue to be a problem.

You could easily opt to have the muffler flaps controlled by cal selection instead of drive select and it would be rock solid.
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Post by Ryan.g »

I actually got round to finding a way around this if you want to speak with Nick