SCal for dummies

steve8465

SCal for dummies

Post by steve8465 »

Hi,

New to this forum, and to ecus. I am a retired electrical engineer whose son drag races a Subaru powered car with an S6 ecu. Sorry but this is a very mundane query - but very important for my sanity.

The ecu was mapped professionally on a rolling road in 2018 and basically the ecu has been untouched since then - not even connected to a pc.

He now wants to add some sensors for datalogging and has asked me to get into the Syvecs software. I have watched most of the excellent videos and I have been through a lot of the threads on here. Gaining confidence.

The engine is about to be rebuilt (like next week) and it will then be remapped professionally. I have one opportunity, tomorrow, to download his existing calibration from the S6 so that I can spend the downtime getting to understand the current maps (multiple modes via calibration switch).

I do not want to affect or damage his existing ecu calibration and am a little confused re the firmware and software version matching. I have the latest SCal but I will not know his ecu firmware version until I get to his garage.

If I want to just copy the full ecu calibration to my laptop for later use offline do I need to match firmware/software then (no way am I going to update his firmware version).

Your help will be gratefully received.
steve8465

Re: SCal for dummies

Post by steve8465 »

I have had a very helpful response from Syvecs direct so please ignore this request now.

Thanks