lost 3x direct injectors - no output at injector terminals

rac

lost 3x direct injectors - no output at injector terminals

Post by rac »

Running 1.87 n54 pnp kit.

The engine has been set up to run single bank configuration and was running fine.
Then randomly on start up I run rough and ultra lean. Turns out front bank cylinders 1-3 direct injectors all not firing.

Confirmation of this was;

1. listened to direct injectors when running on them, no noise from front three cylinders.
2. used output test mode and confirmed;
a) injectors 1 - 3 not firing AND not getting a signal to the injector terminal (no voltage)
b) injectors 4 - 6 firing and getting a signal to the injector terminals (around 9v on continuous firing).

checked wiring continuity + and - from injectors back to direct injector driver, all good all cylinders.
checked wiring continuity from syvecs plug to direct injector driver, all good all cylinders.
checked ground and +12v lines, all good.

Question - I am not sure about the inner workings of the direct injector driver and if the front three cylinders might be fused separately to the back three, or some other reason why I would lose 3 cylinders in one hit. What is the best diagnostic from here?

Do I disconnect the direct injector driver and use output test mode to check Fuel 1- 6 outputs are making it to the driver?
Is there an expected resistance between any pin combinations on the driver I can check?
rac

Re: lost 3x direct injectors - no output at injector terminals

Post by rac »

confirmed test output signal makes it to driver, but no output for cylinders 1 - 3.
driver might be cactus.
rac

Re: lost 3x direct injectors - no output at injector terminals

Post by rac »

update: replaced DI driver, all good now.