REV LIMIT

T04GTR

REV LIMIT

Post by T04GTR »

Hello, had to remove the "rev limit" (well put it 200rpm above the rev cut) because the engine hated life with it. knock control going crazy, popping and banging out the exhaust etc etc.
tried ignition type, fuel type, instant and average speed measure and a variety of fuel and ignition cut severity vs rpm error. it just doesnt like it. ignition type is the worst. fuel only seems the least violent, but still sounds like its going to explode..

the "rev cut" on the other hand is 1000 times better. (with no instant cuts and omitting the ignition cut) can sit on it all day and no issues, abit bouncy like an old corolla, but no popping, banging, knock control seems happy and doesn't jerk the engine, (the main issue regarding knock control)
so having a rev cut per gear would be nice, as i cant use the rev limit.
cant race with the rev limit because the knock control picks up cylinder pre ignition and shuts down cylinders if it hit it hard. cant use it for doing a burn out either. look like a tard at the line.. because it smashes off it (all while not arresting the rpm), sound like the exhaust will explode and then runs on 3 cylinders because of the pre-ignition cylinder shut down

or is there some secret rev limit setting im un aware of. i have tried almost everything.
engine is a vq35hr tt ~900hp@wheels s8 ecu. RUNNING STAGED INJECTION

Dave.
T04GTR

Re: REV LIMIT

Post by T04GTR »

first of all, id like to apologize to everyone :oops:

i fixed it, nice and smooth now.

the issue: rev limit set to fuel. but the ignition cut was still being used. i by mistake by not looking at the "ignition cut active time" it was st to 2 secs put it to zero. and all of a sudden the engine was really happy and smooth with no knock being recorded.

so even with the limiter set to fuel type, it still references the ignition cut.

im still learning on this platform. so i apologize if i have offended anyone, especially the very helpful syvecs staff :)