Bosch LSU Wideband Sensors

Dan

Re: Bosch LSU Wideband Sensors

Post by Dan »

OK thanks Pat - NTK it is then. :)

I believe Wez bought an NTK sensor from you guys? Do you have any more and if so do they come with both parts of the connector or would I need to make a connector?

Thanks
Dan
secure

Post by secure »

Pat,

Which NTK sensor are you refering to? Do you have the part number please? I've seen 5 types of wideband NTK sensors so far.
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

There are several NTK UEGO sensors, yes, and the "right" one is a little rare and expensive, looking at about 250 quid plus the dreaded, and generally does not need any linearisation change, IIRC they're marked DSC000 or something like that. There were supplies of the L1H1 sensors in years gone by which were good, but needed tweaking, the cal resistors weren't all the same. There are also units out there which are L1H1 compatible but seem to have L2H2 wire colours, these are far more sensibly priced but we've found some temperature dependancy with them, fine if you're running closed loop in non critical areas, but not ideal if you're running full time closed loop [but, to be honest, you wouldn't necessarily want to run closed loop on an LSU at 2 bar of boost, a proper NTK I have, and do, trust]. There is also the L2H2 which we're looking into. Odds at the moment look more favourable in the direction of the L2H2 coloured L1H1, if that makes sense. It is an NTK and may just need a little signal frob to make it read clean with temperature....

Hope this helps,

Pat.
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

I am using the L1H1 with the L2H2 coloured wiring and its been ok for me, as Pat already mentioned I dont run closed loop on boost, only cruise :)
96 MKIV Supra, S6GP, 591bhp & 523ft/lbs
Dan

Post by Dan »

Does it have any kind of part number or ID on it Wez? Did you buy/make a custom connector for it?
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

It says L1H1 on it but the colours are not L1H1, as for the connector I have pins that are pushed into the connector.
96 MKIV Supra, S6GP, 591bhp & 523ft/lbs
Dan

Post by Dan »

Would this suffice chaps?

NTK 24302

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NTK-2430 ... ccessories
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

The replacement for the L1H1 is the LZA-09-E1 according to NTK. Some places suggest this is an L2H2 but it isn't marked as such. It seems to work OK (caveats mentioned above apply) not sure how it compares to the LZA-08-H6. I'll try to cross-reference that one to see if it's more like an L1H1 or an LSU.

Cheers,

Pat.
Dan

Post by Dan »

stevieturbo wrote:These guys sell the NTK at a fairly reasonable price.

http://www.lambdasensor.com/main/mwide.htm
Hi Pat,

The link stevieturbo posted up is still the cheapest UK price I've found for an NTK so I think I am going to just go for that.

Apparently the 250-25001 is an L1H1. Could you please confirm this one is ok to go for Pat; if so I will order it ASAP. (I just don't want to make a poor choice as I am not at all familiar with NTK sensors).

Thanks
Dan
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

Dan,

the picture on that link has the L2H2 wire colours, but they say it's the same as the Honda 36531-P07-003 which is the original L1H1. Honda seem to have replaced that sensor with the 36531-P07-013 which has L2H2 wire colours, I suspect that the sensor they have pictured is the later one, but it's worth a try, worst case the L2H2 still works, just not quite as well as the L1H1. On the other hand, if it really is an L1H1 then it's all good!

Cheers,

Pat.