Double checking RE changing Gear Blip

Opm881

Double checking RE changing Gear Blip

Post by Opm881 »

Hi,
So we have a Mk3 Focus RS that we bought second hand that already had a Syvecs installed and a calibration loaded using SwVer 1.674 that we are more than happy with except for the gear blip. We want to turn it off entirely as it doesn't match the driving style of how the car is being used nor of the driver. Unfortunately, there are no Syvec knowledgeable guys in our city, with the closest being a 2 day drive away. Because of this, I am hoping to be able to make the change myself. Because of this, I have 2 main questions, but of course any tips would be helpful.

1) We dont want to try and update the firmware version, its just not something we want to risk mucking around with. Am I going to be fine using the latest SCal software install to make the change that we are wanting to do to the ECU while the car is running, or am I going to have to update firmware of the ECU and the calibration?

2) After looking at the calibration offline and looking through some videos, I believe the value I need to change in the calibration is "Gearshift Mode" under "Gear Shift", and I need to change that to None off Manual. Am I correct in doing that it will turn off any sort of gear blip/cut stuff that has been configured, no matter cal selected? And in doing so, is there anything else I need to edit to ensure that nothing breaks? Currently it only activates when it is in sports/race mode, but that is also the calibration we need to use while racing so just turning it off so it wont occur on any drive mode is preferable.

Sorry if the questions are super basic, just very cautious about stuffing anything up.

Thanks in advance!
Opm881

Re: Double checking RE changing Gear Blip

Post by Opm881 »

Thanks for the link. I had actually watched that video which is where I got the basis of which setting I needed to change and to what value. I was more wanting confirmation that turning the Gearshift Mode setting to "None" was correct to completely turn off the gear blip and cut and only that nothing else, as it isn't explicitly said in the video. So am I correct in thinking that?

Am I also right in that I can update the tune of the car with the lastest SCal software, even though the ECU is not running the latest SwVer?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Latest software will work fine
Opm881

Post by Opm881 »

Awesome, glad to hear. Thanks for your help.
I should have some time this week to connect to the car and turn gearshift mode to none this week and confirm that is sorted, will update if anything goes wrong.