BMW E9x S6 PNP Tps Issues

dburgess101

BMW E9x S6 PNP Tps Issues

Post by dburgess101 »

Hi,

Im currently having issues with TPS inputs specifically 1A and 2A Inputs pulling to 5v
The vehicle came in running but would idle very high on initial start and now wont start at all.

I have checked all 0v and 5v inputs aswell as the physical output voltage on both 2a and 1a and 2b and 1b output the expected voltages but the ecu input still stays high on Inputs Slave AN27 and AN28

I have tried another tps sensor to see if this changed one of the inputs but no change.

From the wiring diagrams Ive found it looks as if the problem inputs are routed to another set of modules and then transmitted to the ecu ? So potentially another module is causing the issue. Can someone more familiar with this setup please enlighten me and give me a quick run down on the system and how to diagnose further.

Does anyone have the pinout for this PNP ecu 2008 BMW M3 S65 V8 Engine

I can supply the tune calibration but the car was working previous to the high idle and tps issues.

Thanks
dburgess101

Re: BMW E9x S6 PNP Tps Issues

Post by dburgess101 »

One can only assume that there is an issue between the throttle modules which pickup the 2nd sensor on each bank and CAN bus communicating that value to the ecu as each module has seperate 0v and 5v outputs which have been checked at the tps plugs aswell as a signal circuit or am I missing something? Also I can hear the throttles opening and closing at key ON which leads me to believe there is comms
dburgess101

Post by dburgess101 »

dburgess101

Post by dburgess101 »

Anyone able to shed some light on this? Possible diag procedure past check the sensors like I have
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Have you contacted syvecs support directly ?

or here ?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/529817494434981

This forum just doesn't seem to get a lot of traffic.

If you apply a known 0-5v signal at either of those inputs, can you see this correctly at the ecu ?

And you say it was working previously....what changed ? or was nothing on the car changed ?
MReilly

Post by MReilly »

Have you had BMW diagnostics connected to the throttle modules, see what they are saying?

INPA and ISTA are pretty "available" online and work with a £20 cable