Help needed on calibrations for FD2 drive by wire throttle

Pin outs, sensor calibrations etc
MGV101

Help needed on calibrations for FD2 drive by wire throttle

Post by MGV101 »

Hello, this is my first time tuning with a Syvecs ECU. I am trying to setup DBW for a Civic FD2 throttle body. I have to say, the Syvecs PID control is very impressive and offers much more customisation and precise fine tuning with the PD table compared to other ECUs I’ve used. Or maybe a little too much for my current experience and skill level as I seem to be struggling to get my PID settings dialed in to a satisfactory level. I am 80% there but things usually starts to veer off track when I try to complete that 20%. I’ve spent over a day on that final 20% and seem to be getting nowhere or sometimes making it even worse.

I noted that there used to be a S6 plug and play kit for the Civic FD2 so there must be some base calibration around? Could someone share the base calibration with me so I could use it as a base to guide myself without veering my settings off too far?

Thank you!
Syvecs Ed
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Re: Help needed on calibrations for FD2 drive by wire throttle

Post by Syvecs Ed »

I've attached a base CFG that just includes the DBW calibration setup along with the TPS and PPS for a FD2. It might help you.

Ed
Attachments
DBW Base.SC
(587.71 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
MGV101

Re: Help needed on calibrations for FD2 drive by wire throttle

Post by MGV101 »

Thank you Ed, I see what I am doing wrong now.

I was not aggressive enough with the derivative/braking at the higher tpsDTF areas and had less aggressive values spreaded out over more cells instead.
Also, the proportional values for low dbwError (0.10) were too high and in order to compensate, I've set the proportional values for the mid range dbwErrors areas to too low resulting in a inconsistent control where it would sometimes overshoot while at other times hesitate before reaching the target.

Basically my PD table is too flat!