wrong speed reading

TimTaylor

wrong speed reading

Post by TimTaylor »

Hey,

while looking at my logged file, I realized, that the driven speed, my S6 calculates it wrong.
It says I went 186 km/h - 115mls/h at 5800rpm in third (!) gear. This would be a very quick kind of MR2 ;)
My tacho at the dashboard tells the truth (about 130kph - 80mph)

Can anyone help me, which setting I have to change?
stevieturbo

Re: wrong speed reading

Post by stevieturbo »

In SCal

Calibration, Sensors, Vehicle Speed.

You'll need to configure this to suit whatever speed signal you are using, tooth counts etc, then if not using any Traction Control settings etc input your tyre diameters into dry tyre settings

And under Calibration Switch settings ensure dry tyre is selected for all Cal's

If all that sounds too complicated, just aim for changing the dry tyre diameters until the speed reads what you want, even if the actual diameter isnt correct.

You will need to hit Device/Program for any changes to take effect.
TimTaylor

Post by TimTaylor »

Ah, thank you very much. If I'm remembering right, then it is set to "radar". Will change this to my wheel abs sensor and adjust the rest.

Not sure, if I am using any traction control settings, but will check that before. Would surely be nice to use the traction control as well. Found the video on youtube regarding the traction control , but cannot watch it now. Will have a try later on.

Thank you very much
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

You have a working speed reading, there is no reason to change it from radar
TimTaylor

Post by TimTaylor »

ok, thought I cannot change the tyre diameter on radar (but I now see, I can :) ) And I wanted to change it to a wheel sensor as I wanted to use the traction control. But I just realized that I don't have enough free sensor inputs to fully assign 4 wheel sensors :(
So no traction control, but well, could be worse I guess :)

And to get my speed reading correct, I will have to adjust the value under "radar" until I have the correct speed shown, right?

Thank you very much for your help Stevie
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Correct.

For TC on mine I just used one undriven and 2 driven wheels.

Whilst I havent done it myself, I would guess you could get away with 1 undriven and also 1 driven wheel speed...or more appropriately a propshaft/diff speed as a single averaged input for driven wheels.

Your current speed input may suffice for this if it's take from the OEM gearbox.

You would make need to confirm that with Ryan or someone at Syvecs if it's possible, but it should be possible, albeit perhaps slightly less efficient.