Jumpers on the PnP board

For Mitsubishi Technical Chat
CT9A

Jumpers on the PnP board

Post by CT9A »

I have some questions about the jumpers on the reverse side of the evo 8 pnp board.

SAS/EGR - Should be set to A6 for all models except EVO 7, where it may be set to D3 if a SAS solenoid is
connected to the D3 pin

What does this do? I don't have SAS or EGR on the car. Pin A6 is not in use yet on my setup.

ALM / GND - Should be CLOSED on EVO8(260) and OPEN on all other vehicles

I am using this ecu on a USDM evo 9 with a custom adapter harness, What does this Jumper actually do?

LAM HTR - Should be set to FRONT unless the rear sensor is to be used (only on EVO7 & EVO8(260)).
LAM SIG - Should be set to FRONT unless the rear sensor is to be used (only on EVO7 & EVO8(260)).

I am not using any of the stock O2 sensors on the car, only the NTK UEGO. So can I leave them to FRONT, or remove the joint?
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Re: Jumpers on the PnP board

Post by pat »

CT9A,

Mitsubishi have over the years implemented different mechanisms to get supplemental air into the exhaust manifold for ALS operation, and in doing so they have used different pins. Given that it would unlikely that one would use more than one of these on the same car, and in an effort to keep the ECU as flexible as possible whilst still being Plug'n'Play, we allow routing of the output to the pin which is most likely to control the air valve on the type of car the ECU is being installed into. Remember that it covers four generations of car! If you don't have a SAS or EGR valve left on your car then you can just route this wherever it makes most sense for you.

Up to EVO 8, there was no separate ground pin for the Crank and Cam sensors. Instead of use a "spare" pin, Mitsubishi reused a pin which in previous generations was used as an "ALARM" pin. In order to allow the ECU to fit all years, this jumper allows routing this pin in a manner consistent with the wiring in the car. If you are using it in an Evo 9 then you'll want to connect it to GND and use that for the Crank and Cam ground wires in your wiring loom.

Mitsubishi have used either one or two lambda sensors on cars over the years. The LAM HTR and LAM SIG links allow you to select if you want to connect the front or the rear sensor to the ECU output and input pins for the Lambda sensor. If you are not using an OEM sensor then that input will be spare for you to use as you see fit. If the car wiring is already close to where you want something (say a fuel pressure sensor, in which case the front seems close) then set to suit. If neither is close then set to whatever you want and break out near the ECU. For NTK sensors you will use the 6 pin plug at the rear. Note there is a link to switch the heater between OEM and UEGO, you need to set this to UEGO.

Hope this helps,

Pat.
CT9A

Re: Jumpers on the PnP board

Post by CT9A »

Thanks Pat, very clear now.