Pin Assignment for DCCD Control

Pedro

Pin Assignment for DCCD Control

Post by Pedro »

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the Output Pin Assignment to control the DCCD?
I´ve already looked on the Software/Pin Assignments and couldn´t find anything specific for that function.

Cheers
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Re: Pin Assignment for DCCD Control

Post by pat »

Pedro,

Pretty much any output is capable of generating a suitable waveform to control the DCCD, although some must go via an external buffer / amplifier. Were you thinking of connecting directly or using an external driver box to control the DCCD current ?

Cheers,

Pat.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Pat,

May i use one of the ignition outputs from the S8 and connect it directly to the dccd coil?

If so and if i use, for example, ignition 7, what funtion should i assign from the list on the software? Diferential pressure control centre?

Cheers
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

Pedro,

Yes, you can use an ignition output directly on an S8 (but not S6). If you do this without an external flyback diode then you will generate a fair amount of heat in the ECU so you should really fit one if you can. You'll want a 10 amp Schottky diode with the cathode connected to the +12V supply and anode to the output, it will become forward biased when the output transisitor turns off thus limiting the flyback voltage to VBAT+0.6V rather than about 400V!

In the I/O config you need to assign your ignition output to Differential Pressure Control (centre).

Hope this helps,

Pat.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Thank you very much, Pat.

Will try with the 10A Schottky diode.

Cheers
emi

Post by emi »

@pat is the diode needed if i use an h-bride with and ign output in S6 plugin? thx