Torque Estimation

Hugh

Torque Estimation

Post by Hugh »

I am using an S6Plus on an R35 GTR

My car has just been for a service where it was also run on a Dyno, I was surprised to see there is a big dip in the torque curve at 5000 RPM.

I have Torque Estimation Enabled and Fuel flow is set to the correct number for my injectors.

I wanted to create an output that will show the current torque so that I can match it to the Dyno plot, then play with the settings, variable valve timing etc. and be able to see whether I can dial out some of the torque dip.

In SCal there is an MBT Torque Estimate table, but am not sure if it is used for anything, there are also other Torque tables engTrqEstMbt, engTrqEstMotor, engTrqEstOutput, but they all look like they would show an input torque number rather than show a torque figure that is being measured and would show any change in engine performance.

My question is what is the best way to estimate the actual torque being generated by the engine?

Thanks

Hugh
stevieturbo

Re: Torque Estimation

Post by stevieturbo »

There's a video on it....must say it goes over my head ! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COs5lHcpXNg
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Thanks Stevie,

Did watch the video some time ago, will try watching it again.

The MBT Torque estimate is a table, it appears to want you to populate it, so is not clear to me how this would show any changes in engine torque output, but does have a name that suggests this is what it is used for.

None of the other engine torque settings appear to be a simple calibration that would estimate true torque, then there is a table that limits torque, there is no description on what the table does, so am hoping it is not limiting my torque output.
Slowie

Post by Slowie »

Based on this help vid, it seems like the parameter you want is engTrqEstOutputTrans?
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Post by Ryan.g »

See the manual on the R35GTR kit here - http://www.syvecs.com/downloads/Syvecs% ... %20S6+.pdf

The only way that the ECU would drop torque at the engine is if the EngTrqLim value was active from a TCM Request or if the User Enabled "Enable Torque Limitation By driver Demand" What this does is allows users to limit the Engine torque based on PPS VS RPM with a Speed Multiplier.

Based on the MBTOutput vs EngTrqDmdPPS the parameter EngTrqLimMlt would be calculated and calibrators can setup then how the Torque reduction would be dealt with based on "Torque Estimate Multiplier"... This can be done via Ignition timing, Cuts or DBW Limits