Automatic Transmission Control settings

prettytarable

Automatic Transmission Control settings

Post by prettytarable »

I am curious if there is any way to change the shift schedule based on which mode it is in(sport/manual) My transmission has a different method of controlling the shifting for normal driving vs sport mode(extra band on first gear for example) and while I could just run sport mode all the time, I would prefer to be able to use the non lockup settings when I am not doing sporty driving. I have been trying to get a better handle on what all the settings do but I must admit I haven't had a ton of luck in deciphering everything and what they are capable of.

Thanks,
Tara
stevieturbo

Re: Automatic Transmission Control settings

Post by stevieturbo »

I guess it depends on what application, and what is actually controlling the transmission ?

Is it the ecu directly, or is it just communicating with a factory trans control module or something ?
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Post by Ryan.g »

1.680 for the S7, S8 and S12 will be released soon and this has lots of updates to the Automatics Trans control to support the 8HP Boxes.

Lots of new Custom map options for Shift RPM points, lockup duties, Line pressure etc
prettytarable

Post by prettytarable »

Rats, I have an S6+. The Syvecs is controlling it directly but it looks like it just won't be possible with this one.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Ryan.g wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:29 am 1.680 for the S7, S8 and S12 will be released soon and this has lots of updates to the Automatics Trans control to support the 8HP Boxes.

Lots of new Custom map options for Shift RPM points, lockup duties, Line pressure etc
Would that be control via the onboard TCM via CAN or whatever or does it require manual wiring in to the box ?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Almost a year on...

Anything further relating to controlling the ZF8HP via Syvecs ?