Configuring Output to Control MIL

Jason Bentley

Configuring Output to Control MIL

Post by Jason Bentley »

I want to utilize my MIL on my Toyota Supra dash. The S6 Plus PNP doesn't come wired to the MIL, so it currently does not operate it. I'd like to configure it so that any time there is an "Error" the MIL is illuminated. Does anyone know if this can be done?

Otherwise, my thought is to set up maps so that when each sensor is out of range or my car is in limp mode, the MIL is illuminated.

Anybody have any strategies to utilize their factory MIL?

Jason
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: Configuring Output to Control MIL

Post by TimH »

I think you'll find it is wired in, but set up as a knock warning light. That's the default use of MIL/CEL for all of the Syvecs loom adapters/PnP's that I've come across.

But no reason not to re-assign it as the "sensor warning light". Not 100% sure what sensor warning level triggers the output, so a bit of playing around might be in order!
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

As above, but also not 100% sure if a sensor warning....would also trigger on a limp mode.

I did ask ages ago if outputs like that could be assigned to say knock, Limp, Warning all together etc...but dont think it was ever allowed. Which is a pity as it would be handy.

At some point given MOT rules etc and just for convenience a full proper CEL/MIL warning light would be handy
Jason Bentley

Post by Jason Bentley »

Thanks for the info, Gents.

The S6 pinout that was provided with my PnP kit does not show the MIL assigned to an output. I'll physically verify on my loom when I get home, but I don't believe it's being used.

Jason
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

When I used to make the loom adapters for Syvecs, the S6plus schedule put the knock/MIL output on Fuel 8 (Syvecs pin A17). The wire for it will certainly be present in the flying lead loom so if it's not connected it will be very easy to wire it in.
Jason Bentley

Post by Jason Bentley »

Well, you were correct - the loom had A17 to my MIL on the engine harness. Although, the base map did not have Fuel 08 (A17) assigned and I ended up moving that wire off of A17 using that output for my second fuel pump a while back. Thank you!