Switch inputs

Grabla66

Switch inputs

Post by Grabla66 »

If I want to wire in paddle switches do I just connect 5V to the input, so when the normally open switch is operated and closes, 5V goes to the input pin on the x10?
stevieturbo

Re: Switch inputs

Post by stevieturbo »

At a guess you have the choice of either a ground switch or 5v switch depending on whether the internal pullup is on for that input or not.

ie, if there is no option for an internal pullup, then it would have to use a "high" voltage to change state. But as the spec says all inputs can do 0-5v, thermistor and switch....really it's up to you.

As there is an option for internal pullup, you have the choice of pulling the input to ground, or feeding it 5v ( and turn the pullup off within the ecu settings )

if wiring....I just like bringing 3 wires to anything like that. It makes it future proof and covers all scenarios.

ie always 5v, sens ground and the signal back to ecy. If you only end up using 2 of those...no odds. If you need all 3 etc, you're still covered.
Grabla66

Post by Grabla66 »

Thanks I'll do that.

For the pneumatic valves , do I run 12V to the solenoid and let the ecu ground the output effectively making the circuit and energising the solenoid?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Grabla66 wrote:Thanks I'll do that.

For the pneumatic valves , do I run 12V to the solenoid and let the ecu ground the output effectively making the circuit and energising the solenoid?
Yup.