Full H-bridge

stevieturbo

Re: Full H-bridge

Post by stevieturbo »

With them both at 0, and assuming both readings are also zero or higher, I think it should become active.

What does the value for the output do when you change the control table ? Does it change indicating the output should be active ?
Sute

Post by Sute »

stevieturbo wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:23 pm With them both at 0, and assuming both readings are also zero or higher, I think it should become active.

What does the value for the output do when you change the control table ? Does it change indicating the output should be active ?
Wastegate position value does not change at all whatever numbers I put in the control table. WGBaseDuty1 stays at 0 all the time despite changes in control tables. This makes me think ECU does not provide duty if engine is not running. If so, that´s a bit shame because would like to know the valve position with given duty.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Maybe assign the output as something generic for a test table

I know I did this when testing my water injection so I could apply pressure to the map sensor and test the control over the pump/PWM. This worked fine for me with the engine off.

You could just base the table against TPS or something
Sute

Post by Sute »

Anybody from Syvecs to comment on this?

Does not work either using SBV strategy.
Sute

Post by Sute »

Got this thing working by connecting this straight to ECU´s H-Bridge 3 & 4. Now observing how this operates by using SBV strategy - Initial finding that it´s hard to get the valve to desired position, shoots over the set value quite a lot. Takes app 13-14 amp for fast and large movements otherwise under 10 amps on smaller swings and 1-3 amps when idling.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Sute wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:28 pm Got this thing working by connecting this straight to ECU´s H-Bridge 3 & 4. Now observing how this operates by using SBV strategy - Initial finding that it´s hard to get the valve to desired position, shoots over the set value quite a lot. Takes app 13-14 amp for fast and large movements otherwise under 10 amps on smaller swings and 1-3 amps when idling.
What way had you connected it before ?

Surely the only way it would work so you can drive it open or closed would be to the H bridge ?

Or what did you change ?
Sute

Post by Sute »

stevieturbo wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:35 pm
Sute wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:28 pm Got this thing working by connecting this straight to ECU´s H-Bridge 3 & 4. Now observing how this operates by using SBV strategy - Initial finding that it´s hard to get the valve to desired position, shoots over the set value quite a lot. Takes app 13-14 amp for fast and large movements otherwise under 10 amps on smaller swings and 1-3 amps when idling.
What way had you connected it before ?

Surely the only way it would work so you can drive it open or closed would be to the H bridge ?

Or what did you change ?
So it was first connected to H -bridges 3 & 4 on X10. Now straight to ECU´s H-Bridge 3 & 4 pins. H-Bridge + drives motor to 0 % ( valve closed) and H-Bridge - drives motor open (valve 100 % open). I don´t think there´s another way to drive this wastegate. Motor surely takes some amperage. Tried to search from Internet about experiences from other people having this wastegate but it looks that Turbosmart has thrown this to market but there´s not many ECU´s capable or controlling this yet.