2008 Subaru does not start

For Subaru Technical Chat
west_minist

Re: 2008 Subaru does not start

Post by west_minist »

In Information Technology, we call them Gateways.

When I look at the Custom CAN / Transmit Content, you could see some alignment with byte sequences.

I will have to wait on Pat for help.

The guy will come by this evening and I will replug firmly to see.

But tell me something, from what you can see, the S6 will fire Fuel10 to initiate the Starting motor relay?
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

The CAN bridge isn't really a gateway in my opinion...information is not being passed through in the way an IP message would be ; it is being remapped and modified in many ways including the CAN ID (address) and parameters modified/scaled etc. Bridge is a better description I think.

Looking at the CAL, yes - fuel 10 will be triggered 0.5s after power on, for 30s. The S6 wiring schedules I have for the hatch wire this output to "Starter Relay Button Start".
west_minist

Post by west_minist »

In many areas areas it can be considered as such. Bridge is an old terminology but has it references. I guess in it simplest terms and only functioning in 1 way, lol a bridge.

Can you tell me how the start sequence works?

Example when you turn the key, it's a CAN msg to start, which then the ems trigger fuel10 to activate the relay for the starting motor?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

That output just seems to be starter motor enable....which doesnt necessarily mean it is connected directly to the starter motor relay.

Just that it is one signal to allow it to operate. Presumable this goes to another control box...as does the clutch switch, as may do the push button start switch, and once all the criteria are met it decides if the engine can start or not.

So here it looks like the Fuel10 output is only fulfilling one of the criteria ?
west_minist

Post by west_minist »

Well the clutch into another box should be there. The input into the ems for trigger the fuel10 I will have to see if I can log it.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

west_minist wrote:Well the clutch into another box should be there. The input into the ems for trigger the fuel10 I will have to see if I can log it.
Or just use a gauge in SCal to monitor this function in real time.

Wiring diagram for the non-push button start shows the ECU output controlling a relay, which fires the starter magnet when activated. It also shows CAN communication which, with the OEM ECU, probably means it won't allow the car to start unless certain messages are there and valid...but I'd be very surprised if the Syvecs implementation took this into account since (on the V1 bridge at least) there is no means of getting info *to* the S6 via CAN - and I can't imagine Pat would bother with this even on the V2, if it's even possible.

It should just start if all the starter-related wiring and fuses are present and correct, and there are no faults with the loom adapter.

You could always test fire the AUX 10 output to see if the starter is then activated when you turn the key? Also, some basic "volts" checks to the relay itself might be an idea?
west_minist

Post by west_minist »

I found the diagram for the model. It is a 2007 with key start, but I do not see how it start, except with conditions and possibly with such relay on the stock harness I guess.

Now that being said, I have to work with Syvecs on this issue closely.

I am not sure if the relay on the pnp harness is activate.

I am going to have to check the wiring on this year later on today.
Attachments
wi-13392e.pdf
(28.75 KiB) Downloaded 672 times
Last edited by west_minist on Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Relay is part of the vehicle wiring not the loom adapter.
west_minist

Post by west_minist »

The pnp has a relay on it.
west_minist

Post by west_minist »

I am seeing B136 pin 32 attached to the same line. So I am wondering if that pin is for sensing a start from the pdf I attached above.

Starting to feel like I am running around in circles. I will wait on Syvecs. Hopefully there can get back to me.

The harness was built on the 2008+, based on the information there provided to me.