Stack data stream addition

Any feature requests for the Syvecs Engine Control Systems
ScoobyDuck

Stack data stream addition

Post by ScoobyDuck »

Any chance there could be a custom stack datastream element of the calibration switch position?

cheers
Steve
secure

Re: Stack data stream addition

Post by secure »

Hey Steve

Do you mean that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bot4jGzMHw

If so, you should activate it from SConfig.
ScoobyDuck

Post by ScoobyDuck »

Cuneyt

no, not quite. what i mean is, as a parameter that is sent down the stack serial data stream.
there are standard things like RPM, LAM, OIL P & T etc but nothing to say what CAL you're in. which, if the switch were to fail, or get knocked you wouldnt know.

i know its on the CAN parameters but im looking at it for on the STACK serial steam.

Steve
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

The Syvecs team will need to confirm, but I think you may find that there's an update on its way that will provide a whole heap more info via RS232. Not necessarily an update to the existing STACK stream, but via RS232 nevertheless.
ScoobyDuck

Post by ScoobyDuck »

Tim

Thanks for that snippet. there seems to be some good work going on behind the scences in the way of features (and products :P ) soon to be launched.

Can anyone confirm what this change to the protocol(s) might be?

ta
Steve
ScoobyDuck

Post by ScoobyDuck »

With the new release you can push CAN data through RS232 but can i get this request in for the STACK data stream please?

cheers
Steve
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

ScoobyDuck wrote:With the new release you can push CAN data through RS232 but can i get this request in for the STACK data stream please?

cheers
Steve
Can you not create a new custom RS232 stream like the STACK stream with the addition of CAL position?

If the STACK stream was altered it would no longer be a STACK stream.
96 MKIV Supra, S6GP, 591bhp & 523ft/lbs
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Why not use the CAN-over-RS232 option (i.e. custom serial)? Much more flexible :)
ScoobyDuck

Post by ScoobyDuck »

no you cant Wez :( and no, it will still be STACK, it will just have additional data in it, each defined by a unique ID.

And no i cant Tim, because my interface is a tiny 8bit thing which can barely cope with the rs232 let alone the processing to get the data out of the CAN packets.

so I just wanted 1 extra bit in the STACK data.

I spoke to Ryan about this and he said it was possible and would try to add it for the next release but that was some months ago now.

Steve
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

The custom RS232 is at 115.2k rather than 1Mbit/s of CAN, so I would think your 8 bit micro should probably cope? The protocol is very straight forward - think of it as like STACK but 10 times faster.