Methanol Control

Any feature requests for the Syvecs Engine Control Systems
Gpro

Methanol Control

Post by Gpro »

Hi,

I currently have direct port methanol injection setup on my 2JZ running a Syvecs S7 Plus, I managed to get it all working quite smoothly but having a specific methanol branch within Syvecs would be ideal.

Here's my setup so far.

Using Syvecs Nitrous control to control the methanol pump and solenoid via PWM. I have a pressure sensor between the solenoid and methanol nozzles enabling me to see when methanol is spraying. I have assigned N2oP as the pressure sensor. With this I setup 2 custom maps that looks at nitrous pressure and reduce global fuel whilst also increasing ignition timing to help get AFR's almost perfect with methanol injection. Furthermore the way its setup its probably the best methanol failsafe in existence as Syvecs won't reduce fuel, nor add timing until it genuinely sees methanol pressure i.e. minimum 60PSI, therefore a failed methanol pump, solenoid, solid state relay etc will have no impact on the engine.

It would be great to have methanol-specific maps within Syvecs to help get granular level control whilst keeping everything under 1 section. At the moment I have maps all over Syvecs to get this working which can sometimes be confusing to diagnose issues.

Having Methanol specific tables such as:
- PWM control methanol pump
- Separate PWM control solenoid (optional) - enabling me to prime the pump at lower RPM levels, enabling me to spray at high pressure (helpful in lower gears)
- PWM base duty added by gear
- PWM base duty control by RPM & MAP
- Methanol pressure X RPM - Fuel Add/Remove
- Methanol pressure X MAP - Fuel Add/Remove
- Methanol pressure X RPM - Ignition add/remove
- Methanol pressure X MAP - Ignition add/remove

I can probably think of more useful tables, but that's a good start for now.