What do you think of these Bosch 1000cc High Imp Injectors

Pin outs, sensor calibrations etc
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

What do you think of these Bosch 1000cc High Imp Injectors

Post by Wez »

Hey All,

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on these injectors, they sound pretty good and should be able large enough if I decide to go E85 :)

These high impedance Bosh based injectors are a 48mm long body, a shorter than normal injectors. They have been modified to flow 1,000cc and use adapters to make them "normal" 60mm length and adapt them to 11mm or 14mm orings. These have a droplet size comparable to a 600cc Siemens injector and way better spray pattern and atomization than any other 1000cc injector on the market. The proper battery comp values are also provided with each set so you can set it up in your computer and have consistent a/f ratios as battery voltage fluctuates. Since these are High Impedance, there is no need for injector drivers or injector resistors.

High pressure capability, All injectors will run comfortably at 100psi above 10v, flow will be increased by approximately 50% at 100psi
High duty cycle, with a recovery time of only 1ms, all injectors will run up to 92.5% duty cycle at 9k rpm and 95% duty cycle at 6k rpm while maintaining linearity within 1%
Excellent low pulse width response, linearity within 2% all the way down to 2ms, predictable response down to 1.5ms. Using a 3 dimensional battery comp table with Motec V3 software, low pulse width response can be linearized to practically zero flow
Good atomization, Droplet size of the 1000cc injector is comparable to the Siemens Mototron 60lb injector, and is far better than the Multec 95lb, Standard Motor Products (RC) 1000cc and Siemens 72 and 83lb injectors.
Excellent consistency, no sets will require more than a 1% trim

These injectors are sold in matched sets by both flow and injector dead time. Matching the injectors based on both dead time and flow results in a difference 1% from minimum to maximum pulse width. If you don't match the injectors based on dead time, you can easily end up with a 4-10% flow variance from injector to injector in the 2-3 ms range, where most of the life of the injector is spent. This can have a huge affect on idle quality and how smooth the engine runs.

2JZ fuel systems (HKS rail excluded) will require the 14mm spacer (purple). We have run these injectors on multiple customer cars with rave results. For those needing additional fuel beyond 1,000cc the Hypertune intake manifold combined with dual fuel rails will offer you plenty of fuel without sacrificing drivability. For Porsche and some European applications these injectors are a drop in upgrade and just require the clips to be swapped.
96 MKIV Supra, S6GP, 591bhp & 523ft/lbs
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Re: What do you think of these Bosch 1000cc High Imp Injectors

Post by Wez »

Titan Motorsport in the US are selling these http://www.titanmotorsports.com/bosch-1 ... ctors.html

T1 Race Developments stock them as well http://www.t1raceparts.com/category_s/43.htm
We are running dual Bosch 044 pumps in the tank and 100psi base fuel pressure, at which these are effectively ~ 1500cc/min. The car drives and idles like a stock supra with these! The Bosch 044 is good to about 150psi

Some more pics for you :D

Last edited by Wez on Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

found this info...

Bosch 910 pump is 200 litres per hour and supports 450 bhp at 73.5 PSI # 0 580 254 910
Bosch 975 pump is 228 litres per hour and supports 500 bhp at 73.5 PSI # 0 580 254 975
Bosch 984 pump is 228 litres per hour and supports 500 bhp at 73.5 PSI # 0 580 254 984
Bosch 040 pump is 235 litres per hour and supports 520 bhp at 73.5 PSI # 0 580 254 040
Bosch 044 pump is 330 litres per hour and supports 730 bhp at 73.5 PSI # 0 580 254 044

Bosch 023 pump is 265 lites per hour and supports 800bhp at 73.5 PSI # 0 580 254 023
*edit: 023 might be rated at 600bhp !!*

040 and 023 are intank only
jezzpalmer

Post by jezzpalmer »

I think the ebay add you lifted that from about the 023 is telling porkies.
AFAIK the 044 is their best offering, other than the tweaked (or carefully selected) 044, which is the 413 and can sustain 200lph to beyond the pressure of the 044.
413's appear to be hard to find, friends have sourced them through motorsport contacts.

Some info here.. (have linked to cached site because cem is playing silly april fool buggers, or is he? :D)
http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:OZ ... clnk&gl=uk

and here..
http://www.lucasinjection.com/bosch_and ... _pumps.htm

It's interesting in the piece you quoted that they say they are running 100psi (~7bar) base pressure, so that's ~9bar when on boost?
This graph suggests the 044 it's going to be pushing it to run those types of pressures and sustain flowrate, the 413 might be able to though.

Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

The 100PSI base pressure does sound a little high I have to admit, but the pumps are apparently good for 150psi. Dont forget in these setups they are running two 044 pumps.

There are also a few comments on the Boost-A-Pump device, not sure if anyone in the UK has tried it. It basically gives the pump 17.5V instead of 14V, the info can be found here :-

http://www.kennebell.net/accessories/bo ... tapump.htm
Jasper K

Post by Jasper K »

Howdy,

I would be very interested as well on opinions on these injectors. From what I have read they are VERY good and with the very detailed latency chart provided they should give very consistent idle and spot on fuelling. I was hoping Pat can give some more insight in the following question.

With these injectors with their very detailed latencies would it still be beneficial to go for LOW IMPEDANCE injectors together with Peak & Hold driver strategy or would it yield NO benefits anymore??

This is a question I would like an answer to. Also I would like to know that IF a Peak & Hold driver circuit is used with LOW IMPEDANCE injectors how would the latencies look like? I cannot believe they are zero and should still have a value, maybe 0.5ms

Also in the US there is a firm which makes Peak & Hold driver box which has a 30Vdc static powersupply which gives more kick when very low opening times are used to make sure the peak current is reached due to coil inductance. Would this work well??

Cheers,

Jasper.
dynamix

Post by dynamix »

I have got some of these arriving from the states this week - hopefully have them installed and running next week.

100 PSI is high but you dont need to run them at that pressure. I will be running mine at 4 bar static and they are supposed to flow at 1280cc at that pressure. We will be flow testing before fitting.
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

dynamix wrote:I have got some of these arriving from the states this week - hopefully have them installed and running next week.

100 PSI is high but you dont need to run them at that pressure. I will be running mine at 4 bar static and they are supposed to flow at 1280cc at that pressure. We will be flow testing before fitting.
Looking forward to the results, could be a first for the UK as I dont know anyone else running them.
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

I have just run them in our Time Attack car.

Control is excellent, idle quality is really good, car idles fine at 1000rpm @ Lambda 1.0 with these at 6.5bar base fuel pressure, fuel pump setup is 2x bosch 10bar motorsport pumps (which we independantly tested with E85 and settled on 9bar as max overall pressure).

So far good for plenty of HP on E85, but overall flow isn't perhaps as much as I had hoped. However, the linearity, and general fine control these offer means they are a fantastic injector.

Only downside is the red adaptors they supply for some installs are too big, and I had to put bigger o-rings on the injectors to seal at high pressure.
Sam@TDi

Post by Sam@TDi »

Good news, I was very interested to see if these were worth the money.
pavlo wrote:I have just run them in our Time Attack car.
we independantly tested with E85 and settled on 9bar as max overall pressure.
:shock: what was it you observed that made you want to use that amount of differential pressure?