2003 Ford Focus RS - sensors question ?

Jackstrath

Re: 2003 Ford Focus RS - sensors question ?

Post by Jackstrath »

It’s one of my reply’s but like you said been through a chatgp thing.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Jackstrath wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:11 pm It’s one of my reply’s but like you said been through a chatgp thing.
yea, thought that, will report it
Jackstrath

Post by Jackstrath »

So, been busy busy.

Got a brand new DQ250 Gearbox built with a Wavetrac LSD, TVS Stage 2 Clutches and TVS stage 4 TCU tune.

Have completed the adaptations for the box, so have been out doing some road testing in it.
Box is absolutely spot on going up the gears, looking at the logs the average time from request to gear selection is 27ms average, >1.5mph speed drop and just what the doctor ordered!
How ever, coming down the box is going to need a bit of work. It appears that it doesnt like shifting down at higher RPM.
Some examples are below 4500rpm (on average) the shift from request to selection is 53ms, but as soon as im above the RPM the time jumps from 186ms-400ms, this isnt right or good.

Im trying to figure out if its the softwear in the syvecs or the TVS TCU file causing this. Because it can be fast when below 4500rpm im inclined to think its more settings in the Syvecs thats my problem here.

I emailed Beak (the Syvecs TCU people) and the reply was ""The gearbox requests a downshift, then Syvecs reacts with blip reaction, check how fast your reaching new rpm setpoint. This makes clutch closure faster if you reach it faster (but don’t overshoot to much.""

Im a bit lost now but would like to see if i could get it better myself before spending money on the dyno to find out its not the syvecs and i need to speak with TVS.

Any tips in what i should be looking to change?
Attachments
box.jpg
box.jpg (431.99 KiB) Viewed 47626 times
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

how much throttle blip is there during a downshift ?

They seem to be saying it may not be enough, hence it's slow to reach the desired rpm for the shift to complete.
Jackstrath

Post by Jackstrath »

steve can i email you the cal?
Jackstrath

Post by Jackstrath »

Ok so done a little digging about and got hold of a Cal from a car running a DQ500 on syvecs,
First off the bat i noticed there is other channels added? Is that something i can do?
Attachments
gear.jpg
gear.jpg (375.47 KiB) Viewed 42915 times
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

CM are the custom tables, so yes you can make use of these too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SHJY_KZ3Vs

you can probably pastecal from the other map to yours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=276Ziwfcbjk
Jackstrath

Post by Jackstrath »

Ok so managed to copy the settings across, pastecal doesnt seem to work on custom channels?
But anyway got it back out with the new settings and its much the same.

Having a look at this i thought id expect to see the TPS open to blip but it doesnt seem to move and thats what it feels like the engine isnt bliping the rpm as it shifts down to let the next gear down engauge?
Attachments
blipdown.jpg
blipdown.jpg (724.24 KiB) Viewed 39778 times
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

What are your blips and DBW target etc doing during the shift ?

Is there a blip request ? is it active ? Does DBW target change to reflect any request ?
Jackstrath

Post by Jackstrath »

So.... my hunch was right, its not got a blip request!, i was about to type back i dont lock anythign you have just asked there but i must of selected blip request as a hunch in the back of my head, and yeh nothing, same with gear cut request it doesnt cut going up the box :lol:

Hmmmm going to have to do a bit of digging as to why its not doing that, is that something i can trigger using the paddles? All looked ok in the cal file tbh!