Change light / Knock warning control output?

secure

Change light / Knock warning control output?

Post by secure »

hi
There are four stages of change light. Mine is pinned to Change Light (stage 4) FUEL14 and CEL flashes when the engine reaches to rev limit. Does this apply for the knock evidence or should i assign the same output for knock warning control to light CEL when knock occurs?
stevieturbo

Re: Change light / Knock warning control output?

Post by stevieturbo »

I'm near sure when I tried to assign such a light to two functions it wouldnt allow me to do it
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

Stevie is right, at the moment there is no logic in the strategy code to combine more than one function onto an output, at least not for these functions. You can of course use multiple pins and connect them to the same light, they are open drain and will OR together, but we should really have a combining feature. I'll put this on the ToDo list.

Cheers,

Pat.
sicup2

Post by sicup2 »

An option to add a flashing rate and hold time may be useful for combining outputs; fast flashing for knock and hold on for a second to differentiate it from rev limit (and to actually register in the brain knock has occurred as it will hopefully only be present momentarily.

Steve
CT9A

Post by CT9A »

Can someone explain what the stages are, I see it is connected to stage 4, what does this mean?

Change light on enginespeed there are also changelight stage 1-5, what are the differences?