How do I test?

secure

How do I test?

Post by secure »

My question is about the output test mode.

Can I check ignition, injectors, avcs solenoids before running the engine? Also cam, crank, avcs signals.

Any recommendations? Thanks.
stevieturbo

Re: How do I test?

Post by stevieturbo »

secure wrote:My question is about the output test mode.

Can I check ignition, injectors, avcs solenoids before running the engine? Also cam, crank, avcs signals.

Any recommendations? Thanks.
Manual does cover a lot.

http://www.syvecs.co.uk/support/product ... d-pinouts/

Yes you can test all the outputs, but read the manual regarding ignition outputs. Do not leave these in a state where the coil gets constantly charged or you could burn the coils out.
Safest way to test the ignition outputs is with a multimeter or similar device, with coil unplugged. Do not use a test lamp the outputs will not cope with the current.

For crank/cam/avcs really the engine needs to be turning to get any sensible information from them. Whether that's cranking or running.

Crank/cam will be visible on the sync scope so that's easiest way to check those.

AVCS signals either via on screen gauges for their values or analogue inputs, or via logging.
secure

Post by secure »

Ahh I see the manual. I will try for AVCS solenoids as well but not sure if i can hear anything.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

You might be able to hear or feel them clicking if you are close to them, failing that just stick a multimeter or test lamp across the terminals, or much handier a small 12v buzzer so you can actually hear it is activated if you cant get the laptop handy to the engine bay