Switched battery feed

markssupra

Switched battery feed

Post by markssupra »

Hi all, I am trying to workout how to connect a 12 volt ignition switched power feed to 2 analogue/digital converters for the abs sensors and an EGT sensor amplifier. All these are very low power consumption.

I assumed I could tap into the S6 Vbatt on pins 19-21 but not sure how these are connected through the syvecs loom adapter which would have supplied power to the oem 2JZGTE ecu.

Would it be best just to run another wire from the ignition switch for this?
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Re: Switched battery feed

Post by pat »

I'de need to look at the wiring schedule for the Supra to be sure but I would think that using a VBAT wire should be fine for getting 12 volts to the modules you mention. They will come on with the ignition switch and will remain on so long as the ECU is powered up (ie not power off during cranking). The VBAT pins are for power into the ECU (but some loom adapters do send power back out of those pins) so piggybacking off the back of them should get the power that you need for your modules.

Hope this helps,

Pat.
markssupra

Re: Switched battery feed

Post by markssupra »

Thanks Pat,
I found a VBAT 12V feed from pin 21 for the fuel pump relay and used that instead, I have two separate relays for my pumps so this one is not needed. :)