SW Generic 2014-02-19 wont insall

stevieturbo

SW Generic 2014-02-19 wont insall

Post by stevieturbo »

Trying to install the current SSuite on a Dell Latitude D830, oldish, XP working for years, older SSuite 2.12.4 is working fine.

I get the error

Digital Signature failed
WinVerifyTrust failed with error 0x800B0101

Tried re-downloading etc. Same file works fine on this ancient Dell PC I'm writing on and my own computers

Any ideas ?
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: SW Generic 2014-02-19 wont insall

Post by TimH »

I think its windows trying to verify the file against a security certificate and failing; don't know why though, although I'm finding that Avast will not let me download firmware from here as it is insistent that the files have a virus.

Maybe there's a problem with the file hosting here? Pat?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

TimH wrote:I think its windows trying to verify the file against a security certificate and failing; don't know why though, although I'm finding that Avast will not let me download firmware from here as it is insistent that the files have a virus.

Maybe there's a problem with the file hosting here? Pat?
Ive had the same problem trying to move firmware from computer to USB stick, or even downloading it as you say.

Avast doesnt like it, so it needs disabled for a time in order to save the file.

The SSuite is different though. I downloaded it again in case the file on the USB stick got corrupted. But I installed it on the PC I was using earlier and it worked fine, it's an ancient crappy XP PC. But the same file wouldnt install on the Laptop...also old XP.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Just tried it on another very old Dell Inspiron I use, XP again.
Again this has an older version of SSuite installed.

This latest version will not install, same error.

Havent tried completely removing SSuite yet and installing from fresh ?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Seems if I change the computer date to outside the period of validity for the certificate...ie 2012, then the software will install.