Input assignments

Adamw

Input assignments

Post by Adamw »

Hello guys,
I havent yet had the chance to play with a live Syvecs ECU since they havent had much exposure down here in New Zealand yet but from what I've learned by looking at the software and various other internet resources such as the posts here I must say that I really like what I see. There is nothing else out there as powerful as the S6 for anywhere near the same amount of money - and that is even with our crap NZD exchange rate factored in so you UK guys should count yourselves lucky. I tune various ECU's so have been recently been playing with SCal just for fun...
Anyhow, the reason for my post is not just to sing my praises - I have a couple of questions about the software (I probably need to be connected to a ECU to see all the features work properly):
1). In the input assignments and sensor screens how does one set up custom channels - say for instance I want to log 4 lambdas (say external controllers feeding into 4 seperate 5V inputs)? I can only see how to set up the first 2 lambda's and there are no "user defined" or "aux" channels to assign to the other two?
2). If this can be done would syvecs ever consider adding closed loop correction for 4 "banks"? I recently set up a SQ6 with 4 lambdas and we could closed loop trim the 4 individual cylinders which I thought was a really nice feature. (I realise the S6 is a much lower price bracket and dont know how common this request would be anyway but never hurts to ask...)
3). When live fuel map tuning does the S6 have anything similar to "auto tune" or "quick lambda" functionality that other some other ECU's use?
ScoobyDuck

Re: Input assignments

Post by ScoobyDuck »

Hi Adam,

The S6 has 1 lambda input and the S8 has 2. I dont think you can use more than 2 strategy wise.
The others I guess you could add to other unused sensor inputs and then apply maths to the voltage output to get your reading. that way you can log all 4. They just wouldnt be listed as lambda3 & 4 and you wouldnt be able to do much with them.

There is no 'easy tune'. To do something similar you can monitor the closed loop fuel correction values having enabled close loop fueling and populated the table for your desired AFR. But its a manual process.

Steve
(in no way an expert!)
Adamw

Post by Adamw »

Thanks for the reply. Iv'e had a bit more of a play with SCal now and see a couple of ways that it could be worked around but it seems odd that you are stuck with the pre-defined sensor names and unit types. Even if 4 lambdas cant be part of any closed loop stratagy, it would be nice to have them displayed on 'gauges' and logged when you are triming individual cylinders. The best way I can see it working would be to assign the 4 lambda inputs to something like the 4 'damper position' channels then liniarize them so that they read a range of 0-1.5inches to represent 0-1.5Lambda so at least you could see the right numbers on the screen.

It just still doesnt seem quite right that I can assign 4 inputs to something as obscure as 'damper position' but theres no facility to assign something like 4 EGT's (with 5v amps) or 4 lambdas which I thought would have been a far more common request?
It would be nice to hear from Syvecs if thats they way they would do it or if I'm completely missing something.
ScoobyDuck

Post by ScoobyDuck »

one trick you are missing is a maths channel. In SView /Smon you can create a gauge that has some math function behind it. so you could leave the 0-5v input on dampers and call the guage Lam_C1 Lam_C2 etc with a formula to correct back to lam /afr.

I think the limitation is 2 banks, so only 2 sensors. Nothing to say you cant have the other 2 for reference the way you have explained it.

Steve
ScoobyDuck

Post by ScoobyDuck »

send Ryan and email (ryan@syvecs.co.uk) , hes a very helpful chap !