Syvecs an later (CAN) Subaru's

For Subaru Technical Chat
EMS

Syvecs an later (CAN) Subaru's

Post by EMS »

Is there a possibility to use a Syvecs ECU (wire in is no problem) in for example a MY06 Legacy Spec-B, without having problems with other systems relying on CAN communication with the engine ECU? (I never investigated what information is spread over the engine ECU CAN to/from other ECU's) My plan is to build a "high efficiënt" high compression, E85 only, 4 cilinder 2.0 (low boost) turbo engine (around 250 BHP) and run it in the Legacy Spec-B body. I don't need ESP, but it would be great if all other stuff is working correctly.

Thanks in advance,

Mark.
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Re: Syvecs an later (CAN) Subaru's

Post by pat »

Mark,

We have successfully installed S6GP ECUs into the Hatchback model Impreza, which relies on the CAN bus to the extent that one cannot just replace the ECU and the rest of the vehicle still be happy. To this end we have an additional board that translates CAN communications between the S6 and the vehicle which we can supply if required. Please note that we have not done any testing on the Legacy models, and therefore we cannot guarantee full compatibility with that vehicle.

Hope this helps,

Pat.
EMS

Post by EMS »

So, I could give it a try? Is there a possibility to "record" the CAN communication in the stock vehicle to look what is happening to be able to predict what is needed when using the Syvecs ECU? Was the Impreza Hatchback "happy" with the CAN solution you used? How did you test which communication was happening over the CAN bus?

Lots of questions... ;)
eureka

Post by eureka »

pat wrote:Mark,

We have successfully installed S6GP ECUs into the Hatchback model Impreza, which relies on the CAN bus to the extent that one cannot just replace the ECU and the rest of the vehicle still be happy. To this end we have an additional board that translates CAN communications between the S6 and the vehicle which we can supply if required. Please note that we have not done any testing on the Legacy models, and therefore we cannot guarantee full compatibility with that vehicle.

Hope this helps,

Pat.
hi pat
is this aditional board intergral to the ecu ,ie do you state this upon ordering the gp or is it purchased seperately also is there a loom adaptor readily available to fit 08+
i have spoken to paul.b today re this and was wondering on availability

thanks
steve
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

Mark,

I'm not sure that recording the bus will help you, especially in light of the fact that most USB CAN interfaces don't tend to do too well with a lot of traffic. The hatchback was fairly happy, there are one or two other things that I want to sort, but it certainly drove OK, the dash worked etc....

Steve,

At present we are using a separate board for the CAN bus on the late model cars, which can be fitted into an S6GP box, or you can have it externally. If you order something for a Hatchback car then you'de get the board anyway. In terms of adapters, we generally make to order on these, but I am trying to build up a bit of stock of adapters made to a "generic" spec. If your requirements aren't too far off the beaten track then I would have thought one of these would do.

Cheers,

Pat.