Wideband issues

TimH
JT Innovations

Wideband issues

Post by TimH »

RIght...

I've procured an NTK LZA-09-E1 which is supposed to be an L2H2 equivalent; wire colours etc are the same but otherwise I have no way of knowing whether it's the right thing or not.

Plugged it in to boss in downpipe and changed the CAL as per Pat's instructions elsewhere on the forum. It reads very low (about λ0.75) most of the time, but is varying so appears to be wired right.

When the narrowband reports λ0.9, the "L2H2" reports λ0.783, and the lambda voltage is 3.76V.

I came across a linearisation plot for an L2H2 on a US site, and it is nothing like the built in "1/x-like" linearisation. That said, the same website's linearisation for the L1H1 is nothing like the Syvecs' one either!

According to that chart, 3.71V equates to about λ1.5; the Syvecs linearisation would equate that voltage to λ0.78 - so that all tallies at least.

I am tempted to say the lambda's duff, but is there anything else I've missed?

Also tried disconnecting the rear lambda in case the heater drive was overloaded or whatever, but no change noted.
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: Wideband issues

Post by TimH »

linearisation curve I found
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: Wideband issues

Post by TimH »

OK, a longer run and light throttle gives λ0.95 most of the time...so I think it's actually OK.

Still curious about the linearisation differences and where that L2H2 table came from. Will have to wait until it's on the RR and can compare readings I guess.