sensor help

karlosg

sensor help

Post by karlosg »

ok , the solaris I believe is ready to go , the harness is nearly ready , But apart from the CAS , and MAP sensor , what are the other sensors I need to get the ecu up and running ?? and where can i get them ??

Also i plan to use the solaris boost control , can i use the dual port solenoid from my Greddy profec B to do this ?? or can u recommend another to get ??

Or even better can pat/charlie etc offer a sensor kit rather than me have to find them all over the place and risk getting them wrong ?>
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Re: sensor help

Post by Ryan.g »

karlosg wrote:ok , the solaris I believe is ready to go , the harness is nearly ready , But apart from the CAS , and MAP sensor , what are the other sensors I need to get the ecu up and running ?? and where can i get them ??

Also i plan to use the solaris boost control , can i use the dual port solenoid from my Greddy profec B to do this ?? or can u recommend another to get ??

Or even better can pat/charlie etc offer a sensor kit rather than me have to find them all over the place and risk getting them wrong ?>
With regards the boost control, you can use the profec B solenoid just dial in the freq at around 35hz. But tbh the best move would be to just get a Mac 3way valve so you can then sell the profec B to get some money back. PSI solutions sell the Mac units at only £30 with flying leads.

Ryan
karlosg

Post by karlosg »

excellent thanks mate. As im going from a power fc d jet. That just uses a map sensor and air intake sensor. Can i just buy there and the mapping will be fine? Or do i need additional ones?
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Post by Ryan.g »

When selling the powerfc DJET its worth selling it with the denso Map sensor as that is what it is configured to as on the base map and is the sensor that comes with the Djet Package.

But fear not as IIRC Solaris sell 3bar map sensors :)

Ryan
karlosg

Post by karlosg »

so apart from the map sensor and crank angle sensor is that all that needed to get it working .
WUZ

Post by WUZ »

Ryan - what's needed on my part to allow the S6 PNP that'll arrive soon (I hope!) to be installed and mapped onto my STi6?

3-Bar Map sensor?

Russell (New to all this mapping talk......... and it shows :( )

ps - I have the APexi Boost Control Solenoid that can be fitted unless one of the Mac 3-way valves (?) would be a better option?
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Post by Ryan.g »

WUZ wrote:Ryan - what's needed on my part to allow the S6 PNP that'll arrive soon (I hope!) to be installed and mapped onto my STi6?

3-Bar Map sensor?

Russell (New to all this mapping talk......... and it shows :( )

ps - I have the APexi Boost Control Solenoid that can be fitted unless one of the Mac 3-way valves (?) would be a better option?
The Apexi solenoid will work just as good as the Mac unit so if you have one spare id say use that.

With regards map sensor it all depends on how much boost you want to run?

Ryan
WUZ

Post by WUZ »

Cool - I'll ise the Apexi one then

Boost I want to run............................... about 1.8 Bar? :lol:

I have a spare Apexi MAP sensor as well (full AVCR kit but with a knackered Main Unit) so will that work or is it not rated as a 3-Bar sensor?

If it isn't, how much for the MAP sensor then Ryan ( I'm sure 1.8 is over the OE MAP sensors limits :) )?

Russell