Fuel Multipler & Ignition Adder @ CalSW

secure

Fuel Multipler & Ignition Adder @ CalSW

Post by secure »

Calibration Switches/Ignition and Fueling..
fuelMltCalSw
IgnAddCalSw

I was just trying take out some fueling and ignition through calibration sw @CAL8 but I couldn't. Eight positions are identified but not all 4 maps have been tuned.
So in the menu Calibration Switches/Ign and Inj/ Base Fuel Multipler / I select CAL8 and zero it to take all the fuel. I do the same for the ignition and take -30 of timing angle. When the calibration position 8 selected, FuelmultSw shows 0 and IgnAddCalSw shows -30 but it doesn't take an effect on the engine. If it is a multiplier than it should result in stop fueling. (fuelbase x fuelmltcalsw 0 = 0) What am i missing here?

Since my car has been stolen I'm trying to calibrate the position 8 for anti theft mode. At the first stage I made it done by zeroing starting map 2 with a success but than released that the engine still runable by rolling the car from a hill ) So now i decide to work on fuelMltCalSw & IgnAddCalSw

Cheers
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Re: Fuel Multipler & Ignition Adder @ CalSW

Post by Ryan.g »

The way i set the Anti theft mode up is so that cal8 select starting map 2 and base fuel map 2 which are all zero'd

Works a treat
secure

Post by secure »

It should do.
I have plans on base fuel and ignition maps so dont want to use them if possible. ))
I don't know why fuel and ignition adders didn't worked.
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

The modifiers will only be applied over a given throttle position, you may want to set that position to be somewhat lower than default :D

Cheers,

Pat.
secure

Post by secure »

Thanks Pat.
I was searching that :geek:
secure

Post by secure »

I am trying to set different turbo pressures for each calibration switches. I have succeed doing that but have some question.

Wastegate Control Map Target Adder
Wastegate Control throttle Progression Multiplier

One is adder and the other is multiplier but they don't work in that way? I cant add positive numbers in here so I basically remove from boost target limit.
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

Ryan.g wrote:The way i set the Anti theft mode up is so that cal8 select starting map 2 and base fuel map 2 which are all zero'd

Works a treat
I was thinking about this, could we have it so that Cal positions 1-7 have starting map 2 and only cal 8 has starting map 1, therefore the car has to be in cal position 8 to start but cal 8 also has reduced rev limit and low boost but once running you can switch to another cal position for normal operation.

The only downside is that if you stall then you would have to go back to cal 8 to start the car again.

On plus side the car would only start in position instead of 7 ;)
96 MKIV Supra, S6GP, 591bhp & 523ft/lbs
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

I cant add positive numbers in here so I basically remove from boost target limit.
The clue is in the name..... boost target limit :D

In other words, the most boost you ever want to achieve, period. This is why the adder can only take negative numbers, you don't ever want to make more than the limit. If you want 1 bar, 1.5 bar and 2 bar targets then set the limit to 3000mbar, and the target adder to -1000, -500 and 0 mbar to get 3000-1000 = 2000mbar, 3000-500 = 2500mbar and 3000-0 = 3000mbar. Hope this makes sense ?
I was thinking about this, could we have it so that Cal positions 1-7 have starting map 2 and only cal 8 has starting map 1, therefore the car has to be in cal position 8 to start but cal 8 also has reduced rev limit and low boost but once running you can switch to another cal position for normal operation.
Yes, or you could just fill Start Cal 1 with zeroes instead, and keep it for 1-7.... fill Start Cal 2 with sensible numbers instead. More than one way to achieve the same goal. What would be much sweeter would be an RFID on the Engine Enable input, then it just wouldn't go if you weren't there, period.... you would need to leave the RFID fob with any garage the car was being left at though...

Cheers,

Pat.
secure

Post by secure »

pat wrote:
I cant add positive numbers in here so I basically remove from boost target limit.
The clue is in the name..... boost target limit :D

In other words, the most boost you ever want to achieve, period. This is why the adder can only take negative numbers, you don't ever want to make more than the limit. If you want 1 bar, 1.5 bar and 2 bar targets then set the limit to 3000mbar, and the target adder to -1000, -500 and 0 mbar to get 3000-1000 = 2000mbar, 3000-500 = 2500mbar and 3000-0 = 3000mbar. Hope this makes sense ?
Yes, sure. This how i set boost but the name "adder" made me to ask. :|
Wez
Santa's Little Helper

Post by Wez »

pat wrote:What would be much sweeter would be an RFID on the Engine Enable input, then it just wouldn't go if you weren't there, period.... you would need to leave the RFID fob with any garage the car was being left at though...

Cheers,

Pat.
Now that would be trick 8-)
96 MKIV Supra, S6GP, 591bhp & 523ft/lbs