Fan-Module.jpg
Fan-Module.jpg (31.53 KiB) Viewed 16889 times
problem sorted, just waiting for it to arrive
100 hz control. 600watt

http://www.frankencis.com/Forum/aft/32
stevieturbo

Re: Output Current Limits

Post by stevieturbo »

That looks identical to the GM fan controller.

Some info from one of the guys on LS1Tech ( and other forums, he also listed the part numbers on Amazon too )

ACDelco 15-80803 GM Original Equipment Engine Cooling Fan Module

For anyone that own a C6 Corvette and is in need of a stock fan controller, this product does the job very well. However, there are a lot of people that use this fan controller in custom applications. Any aftermarket EFI system that is able to send a PWM signal can use this fan controller to allow the fan to operate at variable speed based on the temperature of the engine. This is how the C6 Corvette works and it can work for others.

I use a Holley Dominator EFI system and use this fan controller so that my cooling fan operates at low speeds when the engine is barely above acceptable range and then the fan speeds up as temperature rises. This makes for a fan that is quiet as opposed to simply being turned ON/OFF.

If anyone wants to use this fan controller in a custom application, you will need to have the proper connector and terminals to complete the wiring. Here are the part numbers that are needed (these are Mouser numbers but the manufacturer numbers are those after the first 3 digits):

Body (Qty 1)
478-9440101

Large Terminal (Qty 4)
478-23124472620060

Large Terminal Seal (Qty 4)
478-10800472742091

Small Terminal Seal (Qty 1)
478-10800444522091

Small terminal plug (Qty 1)
478-10800472631091

Small Terminal (Qty 1)
571-2-964286-1

PWM Fan Control Module - AC Delco 15-80803
Pinouts
1) Fan (-)
2) Battery (-)
3) Battery (+) fused
4) Fan (+)
6) PWM output from ECM (J3-49)
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Still think a decent SSR would do exactly the same...and that's probably all the Siemens unit is (but, crucially, it does have a heatsink!).
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

TimH wrote:Still think a decent SSR would do exactly the same...and that's probably all the Siemens unit is (but, crucially, it does have a heatsink!).
That unit may receive a 100Hz input signal, but fairly sure it will not be outputting a 100Hz signal.

That's probably a key difference
T04GTR

Post by T04GTR »

yes, i think it is around 15khz.
inside the unit has alot of capacitors/inductors/diodes etc etc. 3 or 4 big mosfets. when i get it il pop it apart to see.

still cant work out why my fuel pumps keep running after i turn the car car of. (pdu-32)

controlled be soft input over can.

they will turn of if i cycle the ignition, ie: turn reds on and wait for the fuel pump prime to time out. so they turn off when commanded to.

if i kill the engine, which is fed via pdu. ive checked no power at ecu with pumps running on.

they keep running on even if i unplug the ecu and unplug the pdu 55way input plug!!

they turn off if i pull the 16 pin plug they are on. or pull the main power wire.

connected to the pdu, it says its being told to run the pumps, ie: input is active (can xpdu 3) with the ecu unplugged...

ive no idea how the pdu is getting a signal to run the pumps with the ecu off and the pdu signal/input plug unplugged..
Mark_r33

Post by Mark_r33 »

Is it perhaps that they are actually never told to turn off specifically?

Do you have an "engine enable" input configured on the ecu, or do you just kill power to it?

If it's a power killer, do you kill the coils / injectors (engine stopped) before killing the main power to the ecu?

That amplifier looks a good find, thanks for sharing!
T04GTR

Post by T04GTR »

problem fixed, pdu had really old firmware, ecu had latest.. got around it in the meantime by adding a "and" to the input so ignition switch AND soft input. (thanks Ryan :))