What Wideband Lambda?

tarmac terror

What Wideband Lambda?

Post by tarmac terror »

Sorry if this has been covered before..

Can anyone give me a recommendation for a non-LSU wideband lambda sensor for S8? I want something that is accurate, user friendly and utilises the onboard controller.
I seem to remember Ryan (I think) mentioning that there was a sooper-dooper motorsport oriented sensor that he recommended. Anyone know what that was or can tell me what Syvecs recommend sensor-wise?

I WAS swaying towards an external LSU 4.9 but I'd rather not use up an input when the onboard controller exists.

Many thanks....

TT
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: What Wideband Lambda?

Post by TimH »

There is a high grade NTK available - Pat should know the part number - and that's what the S6 and S8 were designed for, I believe. The circuitry does not make use of the calibration resistor in other wideband sensors, so for perfection you either need a lambda with factory-matched characteristics (which is, I think, what the super motorsport grade sensor is) or you need to characterise each sensor. Expensive, or tedious.

However, the circuitry works with the NTK "L2H2" sensor. This sensor has a basic linearisation that is near as darn it the same as the motorsport version but does usually have a small offset. What is generally recommended with the L2H2 is to compare it during mapping to an external lambda, such as a Bosch LSU 4.2 or 4.9, and then adjust the lambda targets to suit.

The error is generally very small - perhaps .01-05lambda I think.

I keep meaning to try a number of sensors in free air and see if I can correlate the free-air lambda voltage with the built-in lambda calibration resistor - that way I might be able to come up with a free-air calibration routine of some sorts :)
jura11

Post by jura11 »

I'm not sure but Pat probably means this Motorsport(Laboratory) wideband sensor,price is $399.99 which is not bad price

http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/produc ... cts_id/647

Jura
tarmac terror

Post by tarmac terror »

Thanks Jura, had found this one myself a couple of weeks back. I assume that this IS the one Syvecs recommend but just want to be 110% sure before buying one.

Thanks for taking the time to post ;) . If Pat or Ryan could confirm that this IS or ISNT the right one then that would be much appreciated...

TT
tarmac terror

Post by tarmac terror »

Can anyone confirm please...

TT
tarmac terror

Post by tarmac terror »

Can anyone tell me where I can buy the recommended wideband lambda sensor and how much it is please??

TT