Cal for dccd

Any feature requests for the Syvecs Engine Control Systems
C. J.

Cal for dccd

Post by C. J. »

Is it possible to have a second cal switch on the Subaru for multi DCCD settings ?
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: Cal for dccd

Post by TimH »

Had a quick look at the S6 programming, and it appears to only have 1 CAL switch input. DCCD can be configured to be controlled as a function of throttle position, speed, and/or brake pressure but there are no DCCD settings driven off the CAL switch, or off any other inputs for that matter.

You can configure ecu outputs to be triggered from certain CAL positions, so perhaps there's a way to use an external box of tricks to change the DCCD drive voltage, but that sounds like a bit of a bodge.
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Post by Ryan.g »

Its being done CJ

Aim of release for firmware 4-5weeks
C. J.

Post by C. J. »

Cool :)
C. J.

Post by C. J. »

How's it coming a long :)
C. J.

Post by C. J. »

cough
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

Ryan has a propensity to get excited about things are are supposed to be happening.... I prefer to wait until they have actually happened before anouncing it to the world. It is on the ToDo list, and it will eventually happen, but the timescale is indefinite (read: it may not happen for the next fifty years). When it does, it will be announced :)
secure

Post by secure »

I'm waiting this too. At least calibration dccd ON/OFF would be nice.
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

Worth noting that even with 0 zero duty there will be some power going to the DCCD, not much but enough to partially lock the diff, so it's worth having a separate switch to disconnect the 12v side of the coil when you want it properly off.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

I'm surprised at that Paul?

The outputs use, I imagine, MOSFET drivers - if there's 0% duty, they will not be turned on. There will be a 100uA leakage current: hardly enough to partially lock the diff, I would have thought.