File compare function?

Chris Wilson

File compare function?

Post by Chris Wilson »

Does the Syvecs software have anything like a file compare function please?

Has there ever been, or will there ever be a means of using a mapping box, with knobs, like EFI Technology or DTA offer? Cheers.
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: File compare function?

Post by TimH »

What sort of mapping functionality, via knobs, are you after? Obviously you can map the Syvecs live with a laptop (not much use for the driver!), and you can select 1 of 8 maps from a switch (or my touchscreen unit ;) ) but I don't think that's what you want?

If you can suggest some of the things you want to change it may be that there're workarounds that could be suggested but as far as I know there is no direct way of changing parameters other than via Ethernet and using the Syvecs software.
Chris Wilson

Post by Chris Wilson »

Hi Tim. Some makers offer a small cabled box with an assortment of knobs on them. EFI for example have ignition timing, fuel mixture and boost knobs, and a load button to load the map when pressed. As I have a loathing for mapping with buttons I find turning knobs more tactile. DTA offer something similar. Motec did, years ago, and are apparently regularly asked to bring this method back.

By File Compare I mean a means of having two maps in the software and displaying where the differences between them are.
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Post by Ryan.g »

Hi Chris

I believe the Pastecal function is what you are looking for.

Select Pastecal and then load

Choose the file you want to compare and then the differences will be shown by colours

Ryan
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Chris Wilson wrote:Hi Tim. Some makers offer a small cabled box with an assortment of knobs on them. EFI for example have ignition timing, fuel mixture and boost knobs, and a load button to load the map when pressed. As I have a loathing for mapping with buttons I find turning knobs more tactile. DTA offer something similar. Motec did, years ago, and are apparently regularly asked to bring this method back.
OK - thought's that what you meant.

I'm not aware of any method that provides for fine control like that, unless and until Life Racing decide to open up the protocol allowing third party control of the ecu. I know it's been asked for. And I'm assuming that simply switching between the 8 pre-saved CALs is no use.

Not much help really...unless someone reverse engineers the Ethernet interface...
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

Tuning pot boxes, or more specifically the DTA ECU that seems to rely on them, have got to be the worst thing ever conceived to be used outside of an old engine dyno.