virus error ?

stevieturbo

virus error ?

Post by stevieturbo »

Since upgrading a couple of laptops to W10, sometimes on shutdown I get some errors, although SCal seems to run fine ( unhandled exception or something )
Also, Windows flags this aspect of SSuite as a virus and deletes/blocks/quarantines the SSuite .exe file

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/th ... tid=242872

Doesnt seem to cause the home PC the same problem, although that was a clean W10 install
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Re: virus error ?

Post by Ryan.g »

Should be fixed in Latest Software just uploaded
Steve

Post by Steve »

I have just tried to download the software and it gets flagged as a virus so gets blocked straight away. Known issue?
Toyota Supra BoostLab S366HF - 821 rhhp / 644 ftlbs - Mapped by Ryan
Syvecs S6 with aftermarket DBW setup on Greddy Style Intake manifold.
- SOLD 2017
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

Steve wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:53 pm I have just tried to download the software and it gets flagged as a virus so gets blocked straight away. Known issue?
SORT OF.

As per note at the top of the download page now, we have been made aware of something possibly suspicious going on.

It is likely to be a false positive, but we cannot be 100% certain of that, so we are advising caution at this point - if you can use a VM then that would be a good safety precaution. Take a snapshot and then you can always roll back....

Cheers,

Pat.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

I changed to the 31/03/2020 software and didnt get it again....although notice that version isnt on the page anymore and it's back to Januarys ?
Ryan.g
Syvecs Staff - Caretaker

Post by Ryan.g »

Hi Stevie

The Download link for 31-03 build is below but we found a issue with fresh installs that stops the Snet Server finding ethernet hardware which is being investigated.

If you have a previous install already then running the latest software is fine but a fresh its a issue.

www.syvecs.com/downloads/SyvecsSetup-Ge ... -03-31.exe
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Although maybe unrelated...

When did the "debug" appear under the File menu ?

A little annoying having it as the first item, as it was handy just clicking F then enter to load a new file. I'm sure it was like that ? lol

And if in SView for example and I hit debug...I get this crash ( either SW version )
debug crash.jpg
debug crash.jpg (20.22 KiB) Viewed 13250 times
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Post by pat »

Quick update :

We have done testing and have been unable to replicate the issue reported to us regarding potentially suspicious behaviour and have contacted the notifying party with this information, including PCAP captures, and they have retracted their classification of the installer as potentially harmful. This does look to have been a false positive.

There will be a new (though I can't say exactly when) version of the installer which works differently and should avoid this issue.

I'll get the engineers to make sure that the errant debug entry isn't in there in that release :)

Cheers,

Pat.
Steve

Post by Steve »

I have downloaded it from home and it works fine.
At work we do have a more sensitive Virus Checker (Vipre Business), if it would help you diagnose this I can get the info it shows when trying to download the software.
Toyota Supra BoostLab S366HF - 821 rhhp / 644 ftlbs - Mapped by Ryan
Syvecs S6 with aftermarket DBW setup on Greddy Style Intake manifold.
- SOLD 2017