S6 Plus Knock Sensor I/O Assignment

Jason Bentley

S6 Plus Knock Sensor I/O Assignment

Post by Jason Bentley »

Can anyone guide me on how to assign my knock sensors to their respective cylinders? I've searched this forum for the topic, searched the manual and watched the Syvecs Help video on Knock Control, but I think I'm missing something.

This is with a S6 Plus and firmware version 1.84.
knock1 (1).jpg
knock1 (1).jpg (98.9 KiB) Viewed 15870 times
thisguy

Re: S6 Plus Knock Sensor I/O Assignment

Post by thisguy »

What engine configuration do you have? Where are the knock sensors placed?
Jason Bentley

Post by Jason Bentley »

thisguy wrote:What engine configuration do you have? Where are the knock sensors placed?
This is for a 6 cylinder 2jzgte (in-line six). Knock 1 is between cylinders 1 and 2 and Knock 2 is between cylinders 5 and 6.

If you noticed in the photo i attached in my original post, the I/O configuration setup doesn't allow me to choose between Knock 1 or 2 when trying to assign a knock input to a specific cylinder. The only choices I have are "not connected" or "knock".
Jason Bentley

Post by Jason Bentley »

Update from Syvecs Tech Support:

"Just assigned to knock. There is a multiplexer inside that takes care of the signals."

Jason
Jason Bentley

Post by Jason Bentley »

Received a response from Syvecs Help for this question:

"Just assigned to Knock

There is a multiplexer inside that takes care of the signals" - Ryan

Thank you, Ryan!
GillRios

Post by GillRios »

Hi...the problem here is that MS3-Pro doesn't use those pins for on/off outputs as they are only connected to the knock module. However, because the code and ini are shared between MS3 and MS3-Pro, the option is still there, just hidden. It seems that TS isn't recognising that this particular pin must not be configured as an on/off output when the MSQ is loaded. I've put in a support request about it.

seo toronto
Last edited by GillRios on Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

GillRios wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:05 pm Hi...the problem here is that MS3-Pro doesn't use those pins for on/off outputs as they are only connected to the knock module. However, because the code and ini are shared between MS3 and MS3-Pro, the option is still there, just hidden. It seems that TS isn't recognising that this particular pin must not be configured as an on/off output when the MSQ is loaded. I've put in a support request about it.

I think you're a little lost.